Author Topic: "A 1st Time for Everything"..... I guess?!?  (Read 33048 times)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
Re: "A 1st Time for Everything"..... I guess?!?
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2007, 11:27:02 PM »
I don't remember a tv-show called Green Acres, what is it?
Btw, what building is yours?

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2007, 02:11:53 AM »
I don't remember a tv-show called Green Acres, what is it?

Frank

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Acres

It's an old 1960's sitcom Frank... It almost predates me!!

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2007, 04:46:17 AM »
Oh.......kayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy............................     ::silly::

FINALLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE..............................................      ::silly::

The cold beer is in the fridge (   ::drinking::  ), and anyone who does a low pass ( I hear all the nieghbors LOVE this.....  a typical weekend conversation seems to include the following:  "Hey, did you see who buzzed us?  Is Chuck in town?")  ---  NO KIDDING on the name...  a guy named Chuck used to live here, and flew a pretty Stearman out of here.......) anyway, if you meet the previous criteria, you get an automatic invite to stay and imbibe!   

One day while staggering up the road with what seemed to be my millionth load of junk, I saw one of the neighbors do the PRETTIEST touchdown..  in an old C-172...  right AT the threshold....  Aw, man!   ::bow::

I vowed then and there, to only try to sneak in here at NIGHT....  I imagine if they ever saw my landings, I'd suddenly be looking for yet ANOTHER place to live.....   

::loony::

C'mon by for a cold one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S.  NEVER move yourself.  It makes you yearn for your own funeral.    ;)   
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2007, 09:03:53 PM »
Hey S'Mom,
hope youre getting all settled in there at  your new place. Moving is such a pain... really makes you realize how much "junk" you have. Hope you have some time to kick back and relax now. Sounds like you have fun neighbors too. ::wave::
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2007, 10:24:14 PM »
Hey 'Mom  ::wave::

You were supposed to call us all over to help you  :D

Glad all is well and moved in!! Did you find room for the Mini-van along side the Husky??  ::whistle:: ::drinking::
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2007, 02:50:54 AM »
Ha ha, didn't call anyone to help, but NOW....  the "call" will stay out there for any and all to drop by, oops, I mean, drop IN, for a cold one!   ::wave::

It's slowly turning into "home", well, as much of a home as I ever manage....   ;D    Usually that just means somewhere to set down the sixer and prop up my "Low Flying Aircraft" sign.....

Nice to see all the activity in the Coop!!  I'm trying to catch up....   ::type::

:D

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2007, 04:14:43 AM »
Looking west on Rwy. 25...

I'll try to get some better pictures soon....   ::wave::

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2007, 10:33:07 AM »
Thank you for the pm, my mom had a good day with me and my brother Michael  ::wave::
I really hope it is a small world in aviation since I'd love to meet you people here, especially as a pilot since you guys/gals must be great to work with  |:)\

You know, I think I found it in FSX (Flight Simulator 10). Btw, is there a big drop-off downhill after one of the ends?
As you can partially see however there aren't any buildings at the strip, but there is a hangar-like building and parkinglot textures a few hundred meters to one side, left-side if looking towards the drop in the runway direction however looking at Google Earth then that seems to be just a random autogen scenery and not authentic building-positions.

Frank
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 11:32:37 AM by Frank N. O. »
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2007, 07:04:15 PM »
Gee, good question Frank...  I've only walked down the road (that parallels the runway) twice so far, and each time it was after sunset, so I am not sure about the drop-off.  I don't recall that, but it was years ago when I got to fly out of here, and that was one time only.  I'll have to investigate!   

It's a pretty day here today, but the wind is blowing hard and it's still in the 30's F.  I may wait until the sun comes around and it warms up a bit!  I still have plenty of unpacking to do indoors. 

I'm so glad your Mom had a special day!  That's great.   :)

Later...  the hangar-mom...   :D

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2007, 09:01:57 AM »
Gee, good question Frank...  I've only walked down the road (that parallels the runway) twice so far, and each time it was after sunset, so I am not sure about the drop-off.  I don't recall that, but it was years ago when I got to fly out of here, and that was one time only.  I'll have to investigate!   

It's a pretty day here today, but the wind is blowing hard and it's still in the 30's F.  I may wait until the sun comes around and it warms up a bit!   I still have plenty of unpacking to do indoors. 

I'm so glad your Mom had a special day!  That's great.   :)

Later...  the hangar-mom...   :D

::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl::

It's to the point where I'm happy when it's above zero  (-20 C).

Although I do have to say, seattle at 40 degrees feels colder than fairbanks at zero, so it could be a case of that if you have humidity.  ;)
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2007, 09:14:21 PM »
Welll-lll-lll, since I was sitting here in my bare feet and tank top, a 30-degree day with a stiff wind seemed COOL enough to me!    ::whistle::

But hey, I'm an Idaho weenie now...  no winters here....  it's been a few years since I was USED to 40 below and 8 feet of snow....  oh yeah, wanna try learning a whole new vocabulary for being cold?  Try living in a tent at tree line in NH....  now THAT will make you appreciate being comfy and warm and cozy.

The resident super-weenie, S'Mom***   :D 

airtac

« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2007, 09:05:06 AM »
Gosh, I guess I've bee truly "Californicated" cause I consider anything below 32 degrees (F) as cold--can't even imagine having to be out when it's 40 below  ::loony::

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2007, 08:55:22 PM »
Uh yeah...  me too..  I'm not used to a real winter at ALL...  and, rumors are, the next fun job coming up may be.....  in the Arctic!!  Oh Crikeys!!   ::eek::

airtac

« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2007, 11:28:01 PM »
Uh yeah...  me too..  I'm not used to a real winter at ALL...  and, rumors are, the next fun job coming up may be.....  in the Arctic!!  Oh Crikeys!!   ::eek::

You better be diggin' out the old "trapdoor" undies my little Artic Tern ;)

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2007, 10:00:34 PM »
Wow Soccermom! You had told me you were moving, but I did not know you were going to live over a runway! Gorgeous choice! Any free alchool party in sight?!?  ;D ;D :)

I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.