Author Topic: "A 1st Time for Everything"..... I guess?!?  (Read 33142 times)

airtac

Re: "A 1st Time for Everything"..... I guess?!?
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2007, 03:08:30 PM »
There's a bunch of AN-2's flying in the US under the Experimental rules. Along with a bunch of various Yaks. The FBO in Mom's home town (In Vermont) is an importer of Eastern European aircraft, specializing in the YAK-52 and Yak-12. They had an AN-2 for a while as well.

By the way Mom, what's the Identifier for your new place.... I've gotta at last virtually buzz the strip in Flight Sim  ::rofl::

Brian
C'mon Smama, git out yer ole GP&S and at least give us the Lat-Long so we kin find ya ::)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2007, 03:16:42 PM »
Hahaha, that was a good one Brian, I don't think it's in FS, although then someone could make it together with the Minivan, like those classic scenery packs with a classic bi-plane and a small farm-house with a grass-strip. I can't test it in FSX though since I've used both my activations so now with a new computer, I couldn't get it to re-register and I've used up the test-time, and just when just the CPU alone made FSX a lot faster, and I haven't gotten my fast RAM yet, which is also twice the amount as before (2gb instead of 1gb).

In all seriousness, I'd love to participate in a fly-in, when you guys/gals are drinking beer and hanging out among the strippers then I'll take good care of the planes, I've always wanted to have a whole airport for myself :D

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

airtac

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2007, 03:33:39 PM »
Frank--ixnay on the trippersays--my wife has started looking at the Forum on occasion  ::eek::

Don't wanna get AIDS again ::banghead::

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2007, 04:58:20 AM »
Nice idea of the An-2! By the way, is there any Antonov, or specificaly 2, in opertion in the US?

There are a number of them in the US.  There's a guy in Anchorage even who apparently collects / buys and sells them.   Guess he has a dozen and a number are always for sale?
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2007, 12:41:55 AM »
Well, GEE....    ::)

I've been away too long.  Sorry to be behind on all these messages...  the airport I THINK I will be moving to is a dirt strip in SW Idaho, all of 1800 feet long... though it says 2500 feet, there is a stealth ditch which I would bet could EAT any unsuspecting airplane who tempted it.... 

I can't even recall what it looks like...  sheesh, maybe I need to look at that website...  I've been on the road, flying, since I found it, so really have no idea when I will be back home to even start moving...  ahhh, yes, Aviation sure is great...   ::bow::    what other job guarantees you don't even know what MONTH it is?!?!?!?!?!?!?   (Uh...  November, right?!?)   ::loony::

Anyway....  I HOPE I have a place still, whenever I get back home.....   ;D    ;D    ;D    ;D    ;D    ;D    ;D    ;D   ;D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 12:28:47 AM by TheSoccerMom »
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2007, 01:41:05 AM »
Is this it?

Frank

P.S. North is straight up.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 01:43:16 AM by Frank N. O. »
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2007, 01:44:07 AM »
Mais oui!!!!!!!!!!!!    ::bow::

Offline BrianGMFS

• Rooster
  • My other car is a Firefly
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2007, 05:41:34 PM »

Green Acres huh.... Where's Arnold Ziffle?  ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl::

Brian
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 12:27:28 AM by TheSoccerMom »

-

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me."

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2007, 06:18:08 PM »
Green acres is the place for me.
Farm livin' is the life for me.
Land spreadin' out so far and wide.
Keep Manhattan, just give me that countryside ::whistle:: ::whistle:: ::whistle::
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"

Offline RagDragger

• Fledgling
  • Indian Name: Running Tab
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2007, 02:32:27 AM »
If heaven ain't a lot like dixie,
I don't wanna go,
If heaven ain't a lot like dixie,
I'd just as soon stay home,
If they don't have a grand ol' Opry,
like they do down in Tennessee,
just send me to Hell, or New York City, it'd be about the same to me.- Hank Jr. 

PiperGirl, you just reminded me of that song.   
God looks out for drunks and dumb animals.  Fortunately, I qualify on both counts.

airtac

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2007, 03:18:56 AM »
WOOHOO--Soccermon Intercrashinal Airport---Looks like lots of room for the minivan, the rest of us gonna have to be heads up on final ::thinking::

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2007, 05:14:47 AM »
Ha ha, well, maybe we should have a beer pool..  for how long it'll take to get the ole Minivan in there.....  Question #1 being....  Shall we tell the boss??!?!?!

I don't even know when I'll get home...  ah well, I'm having too much fun to worry about the moving part!!   ;)

Can you BELIEVE that NAME?  "Green Acres"!!!  I thought of that crazy TV show, too!!!!!!  Oink, oink........   ::rofl::

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2007, 05:44:11 AM »
 ::thinking:: Mom   :o .... a beer pool....mmmmm  >:D with summer around the corner here too  ;D
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2007, 05:45:20 AM »
Yes!  Yes!  SPLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      ::drinking::

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2007, 05:49:42 AM »
 ;D ::drinking::  ;D  >:D  ::whistle:: ::drinking:: ::drinking::
YEWWWwwwwwwwww