Author Topic: Free "Click to Give" Links -- for Charitable Causes  (Read 4672 times)

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
Free "Click to Give" Links -- for Charitable Causes
« on: October 07, 2007, 12:16:00 AM »
I hope this is an appropriate post....  Mike, Stef, please forgive me if I am not in the proper spot!    :)

Here is a link which, when it receives clicks, donates money from its advertisers to various charitable causes.  There is no cost to us, as "clickers"!!    :D

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?...

I click on it now each day, right before I log on to my e-mail...  that way I don't forget.  The money from the breast cancer site's clicks pays for mammograms for women who can't afford them...  and we all know how important mammograms are as an early screening tool!   And, one of my personal favorite items is at the upper right corner of the breast cancer site ---  a free "Click tab" to donate pet food to rescued animals.   Again -- this is all FREE..  and EASY to do!!  :)

It seems like a nice thing  -- and it only takes a few seconds!!   ::wave::
Don't make me come back there!!!!

airtac

Re: Free "Click to Give" Links -- for Charitable Causes
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 03:49:51 AM »
I'm clickin' I'm clickin' !

I did see a real great guy at the Marin County art festival, had a cardboard box with 2 cutouts over his head and a sign offering "FREE breast exams... I'm sure he was a doctor or something :-\

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 03:54:41 AM »
Ohhh, I KNOW him!  I went to him for my last exam, too..  he said he was your twin brother...  AND, a Pilot..... 

Here's the photo he had on his business card....

(It's uncanny -- how much he looks like you!)    ::wave::

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 03:58:48 AM »
and, Okay folks, before anyone gets offended...

PLEASE know the link I posted is a sincere, and SERIOUS, plea to try to help people with cancer....  I just saw a dear friend last week who has SURVIVED an entire year of radiation and chemotherapy for her breast cancer, and now sports short, spiky, blonde-tipped hair atop her enormous smile......  She looks GREAT, and seeing her was what inspired me to spread the word about early cancer detection!

AND -- she'd also laugh her derriere off at the Mammogram picture, so I hope you all will take it in the spirit in which it is offered...  a goofy laugh, to go with the hard things in life that sometimes are very hard to laugh about.....

:-*  Your S'Mom**

airtac

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 05:04:49 AM »
OKAY MOMMY DEAREST (and everyone else)
I made light of a serious subject---my mother and my ex-wife were/are breast cancer survivors and it is a serious but treatable desease so please join me in clicking on the aformentioned link to help lower the statistics--PLEASE!!!

And S'mommy, please forgive my humor---I only meant to bring a smile to your lips and a song to your heart.............

Speaking of smiling, did you get my favorite Country Western forward?????????????HMMMMM

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 05:10:05 AM »
Aw, I am WITH you in the Silly Humor Department....  I think laughter is the best medicine, always always always!!!!!   ::rofl::

You don't EVER have to ask ME to forgive your humor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   ;D

And yes, I got your C & W note...  you are too bad!!!!!!!    ::cowboy::    ;)

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 05:18:52 AM »
I will click.....I too have family members afflicted with breast cancer..One of them sent me this..Humor, I know, but it makes sense, (as does my signature..now maybe some will understand..)..

There once was a woman who woke up one morning, looked in the mirror, sand noticed that she had only three hairs on her head. “Well,” she said, “I think I’ll braid my hair today.” So she did and she had a wonderful day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and saw that she had only two hairs on her head. “H-M-M, she said, “I think I’ll part my hair down the middle today.” So she did and she had a grand day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that she had only one hair on her head. “Well,” she said, “Today I’m going to wear my hair in a pony tail.” So she did and she had a fun, fun day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that there wasn’t a single hair on her head. “YEAH!” she claimed, “I don’t have to fix my hair today!”

ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING. Have a Good Day! Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.”
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 05:23:06 AM »
That is a good example, G-Man!   |:)\

Attitude IS everything.  I've been so lucky to know a lot of people like that...  I just wish I could be more like them.  It's a good reminder for us, to realize how GOOD we have it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great post!!!!!!!!!   ::wave::

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 07:54:24 AM »
I've clicked and got the message it was recieved and I looked at the ads. Apart from my grandad dying in the 80s of bone-cancer then just a few months after my dad died of lungcancer the youngest of his siblings died of ovarian cancer. The other sister who survived skincancer had one of her three daughters survive breastcancer. My other uncle died of bone-cancer 24 hours after the oldest died of a suddent heart-attack. And this is all my dad's family since my mom's family are estranged to us, but it's no concern since they weren't very nice anyway and didn't like us.

Btw, mammograms in Denmark are paid over our high taxes.

G-Man: Very nice look on life, my dad had the same until the final stages. God I miss him, to this day I can't understand how such a lifeforce can just disappear  :'(

Frank
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 07:58:10 AM by Frank N. O. »
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

airtac

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 03:15:15 PM »
Roger-Roger on the attitude post----my thoughts, exactly  |:)\ |:)\

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 02:06:57 PM »
G-man, I like that attitude. That's an awesome reminder that even though things can be crappy, you can choose to have a good day or make the best of it anyways. My mother-in-law and her mother both are breast cancer survivors.  |:)\ to the people who fight cancer. And here's to making the best of our situations.
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"