Author Topic: Perfect summer desert  (Read 19577 times)

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
Perfect summer desert
« on: August 28, 2007, 01:41:47 AM »
Peach pie is the absolute best summer dessert. Peaches are just ripe here and are sooooo good.  ::angel:: Trust me, this pie won't be sitting around in your kitchen for long.

Michigan Peach Pie

7 cups thinly sliced peeled peaches (or 3 15 oz cans, drained)
¾ cup sugar
3 Tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon almond extract
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Easy Crust
2 ¼ Cups All Purpose Flour
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup sugar (more or less to taste)
½ cup oil
1/3 cup cold milk

Peel and slice peaches. In a large bowl combine peaches, sugar, tapioca, almond extract, lemon juice, and salt. Let stand for 10 min. while making the crust.  Mix all the dry ingredients of the crust in mixing bowl. Add milk and oil at same time. Stir until moistened. Roll out half of dough and place in pie plate. Trim edges. Spoon the peach filling into the pie, and then roll out second half of dough and place over top. Crimp the edges, and cut small vents in the top crust. Use any left over dough for decorating the pie. Brush the top with milk or water, and sprinkle it lightly with sugar. Bake at 375 for about 45 min. serve with your favorite ice cream.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 01:46:10 AM by PiperGirl »
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
Re: Perfect summer desert
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 02:04:40 AM »
Peach pie is the absolute best summer dessert. Peaches are just ripe here and are sooooo good.  ::angel:: Trust me, this pie won't be sitting around in your kitchen for long.

I got a whole fire crew here who would be gratefull of a peach pie..  8) Ya wanna send us one to Pocatello?  :-* Pretty please...
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline AirScorp

• Rooster
  • Nick
    • Me on myspace
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 07:12:26 AM »
Just peachy!
It's all Greek to me!

Offline want2fly

• Fledgling
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 01:38:09 PM »
That looks really good, i think i might try to make one later today or tomorrow.  ;D I like making cream puffs better!
If all else fails, read the directions.

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 11:31:09 AM »

I got a whole fire crew here who would be gratefull of a peach pie..  8) Ya wanna send us one to Pocatello?  :-* Pretty please...

Peach Pie coming right up G-man! ;) But ya'll might just have to come to MI ~ then again, I don't think we get forest fires any where near where I live. Recently it's been Thunderstorms producing 4-6 inches of rain at a time, flooding, and power outages here.
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 04:01:04 PM »

Peach Pie coming right up G-man! ;) But ya'll might just have to come to MI ~ then again, I don't think we get forest fires any where near where I live. Recently it's been Thunderstorms producing 4-6 inches of rain at a time, flooding, and power outages here.

Thanx, we are in Cadillac, MI every year from mid April thru mid June---see you then.. ::wave::
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 01:55:16 PM »
 ::wave:: Sounds like a party.  ::wave::

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 11:11:05 PM »
WOW!!!!  Pipergirl are you coming anywhere near Australia soon!!???  Can you bring one over, the pics are making me hungry!!!  :D :D
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 01:05:49 AM by gibbo_335 »
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 11:58:10 PM »
Gibbo! I must have missed this post! I would love to visit down under! It's on my top 10 places to visit. This might sound cheesy :D , but "The Man from Snowy River" was one of my favorite movies growing up and ever since I would love to go visit. ::wave::

G-Man~Guess What! I just flew over Cadillac a couple of days ago on my way up to Mackinac Island! I'll post some pics of the trip as soon as I find my camera cable!

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 01:07:15 AM »
Gibbo! I must have missed this post! I would love to visit down under! It's on my top 10 places to visit. This might sound cheesy :D , but "The Man from Snowy River" was one of my favorite movies growing up and ever since I would love to go visit. ::wave::

ANYTIME Pipergirl, the doors always open and the lights are always on down here!!!  :D
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2007, 04:49:27 AM »
Aww, Gibbo...  I sure hope you have a BIG house..  for when we all come down to see you!!!!!!!!!!

Let's go, PiperGirl!!   :D
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2007, 02:40:54 PM »
Think we could find room for Chuck and Julio too?  ::wave::

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2007, 03:15:31 PM »
Don't forget Alex! (and me)

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2007, 01:56:07 AM »

Frank
Forget Alex and Frank  :o :o :o Impossible. Of Course you're coming! ::wave::

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2007, 02:57:13 AM »

Frank

Yo Frank---Are you drinking a beer there??  ::unbelieveable::  ::eek:: Rock on..

And are you sporting an Aussie hat??  ::loony::  :o Guess that walking is having some effect huh..
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 03:00:01 AM by G-man »