Author Topic: Medicals & DWI's don't mix  (Read 17212 times)

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
  • My da*n easy button's broken. Can I borrow yours?
Re: Medicals & DWI's don't mix
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2016, 02:17:35 PM »
part 91 charter at first, already have a lead to when i get to 1000 TT to re-apply for 135 which isn't that many more hours to go. Right after they granted me a 3rd class in June I went and got my CE-500 SIC endorsement and all the paperwork is in to Washington DC now, so it's fly for free until I get my 1st class. I'm just got on a 3 pilot FO rotation so I'm playing the wait game for both air time and compensation.
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2016, 03:27:04 PM »
437 days after I sobered up and approximately 13 months after starting the process of obtaining my first class medical, it has been granted as of 10/5!

Basically for the next 3 years I will be in the HIMS program and there is a list 12 items to which I need to comply. Most of which are to be carried out by my HIMS/AME in dealing with the FAA but I must maintain my recovery program obviously, see my faa psychiatrist yearly, medicals are only valid for 6 months at a time regardless of class, and several other items to be addressed by others.

This, obviously, is a HUGE milestone for me!  8)
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2016, 09:42:54 PM »
Congratulations!   
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2016, 12:29:49 AM »
Thanks! now I just have to find a job  ::) I kind of have one but it's inconsistent so i'm doing to do both engineering and flying until I can find something solid

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2016, 08:21:37 PM »
Thanks! now I just have to find a job  ::) I kind of have one but it's inconsistent so i'm doing to do both engineering and flying until I can find something solid

Let me know if you decide you want to move north,  lots of flying jobs in AK.

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2016, 04:01:20 AM »
something I might be able to do seasonally? or is it year round, have to move there type of job?

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2016, 06:28:36 PM »
something I might be able to do seasonally? or is it year round, have to move there type of job?

There are seasonal jobs, but the ones I was thinking about are year round but rotation type (1st-15th or 16th-30th each month and you can swap out with others).  They like to hire people who live there but you are able to jumpseat and commuting is common, so you could live anywhere you wanted on your off days.  Housing is provided in the bush when you are on shift for that type of work.

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2016, 07:54:55 PM »
ok, I'd like to take a look at this more closely - check your messages on the board here