Author Topic: Life Through Your Camera  (Read 770893 times)

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
Re: Life Through Your Camera
« Reply #930 on: April 13, 2008, 09:37:12 PM »
Some shots from my first x-country as a  ;D holder of a PPL   ;D

First one is Brisneyland (my home town), second on final at Millmerran (98Nm west of Brissy), then the plane I flew VH-IPV the lovely PA-28R-200 at Millmerran ('Mom notice I remembered what you said about wheels  ::rofl:: ), and the last one (one for Frank) short final into Redcliffe (my home field)  ;D  WOO HOO!!! What a day!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 03:19:15 AM by gibbo_335 »
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #931 on: April 13, 2008, 11:36:26 PM »
Sweet pics, dog. I like your home field best though. More greener than other places
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline Turbomallard

• Rooster
« Reply #932 on: April 14, 2008, 03:16:10 AM »
Well, with today's weather in Central Illinois being a "wintry mix" none of my friends or I were flying. But... they all had time on their hands so I invited them over to work on the Sonex. I've been ready to work on the main spars for a while, but the drawings were very complex and more than a little terrifying. And, if you mess up on one... it's a very expensive mistake. My friend Chad is close to completion on an RV-7, so he was invaluable in interpreting the plans for the spars. Anyway, we worked seven hours (with a one hour break for pizza... I treated... didn't hear the doorbell in the basement right away when the delivery girl arrived... I apologized and told her that I was in the basement building an airplane and didn't hear her... she gave me a weird look... probably called the TSA, too) and got much of it done. Whew! Long but fun and productive day.

TM
"Do not read this signature under penalty of law."

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #933 on: April 14, 2008, 03:22:03 AM »
Wow, Gibbo, very pretty!!  And, Good Job on that landing gear!!  Heeee....!!   :D

Those are beautiful shots....  wow....  that pilot stuff is pretty cool, mate!!!!    |:)\                 ::bow::

And Turbo, wow, nice pictures also....  I'm impressed!  I couldn't even manage to make the pizza you guys had for lunch, and here you are making an AIRPLANE...  woweee......     ::bow::

::bow::
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #934 on: April 14, 2008, 03:26:52 AM »
Wow, Gibbo, very pretty!!  And, Good Job on that landing gear!!  Heeee....!!   :D

Those are beautiful shots....  wow....  that pilot stuff is pretty cool, mate!!!!    |:)\                 ::bow::

Hee hee, thanks Mom!!  Yeah pilot stuff is AWESOME, I think the PPL is starting to sink in  8)

Kewl stuff Turbo!!! thanks for the update on the Sonex!!  |:)\ ::bow::
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #935 on: April 14, 2008, 03:29:45 AM »
Oh I HOPE so, O-Crownie-Mate....!!!!

Because your poor forehead gets pretty sore when you keep running into walls all the time, staggering around in that wave of relief, "I did it!  I did it!  I'm a PILOT!"

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #936 on: April 14, 2008, 03:30:19 AM »
Sweet pics, dog. I like your home field best though. More greener than other places

Gilly that is why they call Australia the Big Brown Sunburnt Country mate  ::drinking::  I just call it ....Home ;)
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #937 on: April 14, 2008, 03:32:11 AM »
Oh I HOPE so, O-Crownie-Mate....!!!!

Because your poor forehead gets pretty sore when you keep running into walls all the time, staggering around in that wave of relief, "I did it!  I did it!  I'm a PILOT!"

;)  ;D  ::wave:: WOO HOO!!!!! I AM, I AM.....
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #938 on: April 14, 2008, 05:24:13 AM »
Right on, Gibbo!   ::bow:: ::bow:: ::bow::  Just keep flying around (and invite a few friends along too!) until you no longer think about it like Mary said.  It'll become second nature before you know it. 

Turbo, that's quite a project you got going in yer basement.   ::wave::

RC
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #939 on: April 14, 2008, 05:40:46 AM »
Right on, Gibbo!   ::bow:: ::bow:: ::bow::  Just keep flying around (and invite a few friends along too!) until you no longer think about it like Mary said.  It'll become second nature before you know it. 

Turbo, that's quite a project you got going in yer basement.   ::wave::

RC

Hey R/C Thanks mate!! I will, I will keep flying around  ;D last weekend was AWESOME so now I need MORE  ::eek::  ;D ;D ;D  ::drinking::
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #940 on: April 15, 2008, 03:13:09 PM »
Hey R/C Thanks mate!! I will, I will keep flying around  ;D last weekend was AWESOME so now I need MORE  ::eek::  ;D ;D ;D  ::drinking::
He's addicted Now...

I heard that they were starting a new AA group... Airplanes Anonymous. I haven't heard what their 12 steps to recovery will be though...
Maybe: 1) go to airport 2)drool over planes 3)fly planes 4)repeat steps 1-3
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"

airtac

« Reply #941 on: April 15, 2008, 03:58:36 PM »
He's addicted Now...

I heard that they were starting a new AA group... Airplanes Anonymous. I haven't heard what their 12 steps to recovery will be though...
HAHA---That's the best step program around--where do I join???

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #942 on: April 15, 2008, 04:05:58 PM »
Me too, me too!!!

I've got the drooling part down, anyway....    ::wave::

;D

Offline gibbo_335

• Alpha Rooster
  • Flying the NT
« Reply #943 on: April 16, 2008, 09:33:58 PM »
He's addicted Now...

Pipergirl yesterday I decided to follow your 4 step plan...

::thinking:: MMMMmm ....
1) went to the Aero Club  :) all good ..that was easy  ;)
2)  >:D Drooled all over the 182 and the Arrow  ::whistle:: (I was taking a 172  :D)
3) Flew 172 on NAVAIDS training WOO HOO!!!!  ;D
3a) Landed and the CFI sent me BACK  ::unbelieveable:: to step 2!!!! (OBVIOUSLY hasn't joined the 4 Step Program)
2a) Got in trouble for the amount of drool I got on the nicely washed planes  :o
2b) Had to WASH the drool off  ::rofl::
4) decide that going back to step 1 might cause a bit of an issue
4a)  :( Went home  ::rofl::

I'll try again on the weekend and see if I can get it right this time  ::rofl::  ::rofl::
YEWWWwwwwwwwww

Offline PiperGirl

• Rooster
« Reply #944 on: April 17, 2008, 01:49:16 PM »
He's addicted Now...

Pipergirl yesterday I decided to follow your 4 step plan...

::thinking:: MMMMmm ....
1) went to the Aero Club  :) all good ..that was easy  ;)
2)  >:D Drooled all over the 182 and the Arrow  ::whistle:: (I was taking a 172  :D)
3) Flew 172 on NAVAIDS training WOO HOO!!!!  ;D
3a) Landed and the CFI sent me BACK  ::unbelieveable:: to step 2!!!! (OBVIOUSLY hasn't joined the 4 Step Program)
2a) Got in trouble for the amount of drool I got on the nicely washed planes  :o
2b) Had to WASH the drool off  ::rofl::
4) decide that going back to step 1 might cause a bit of an issue
4a)  :( Went home  ::rofl::

I'll try again on the weekend and see if I can get it right this time  ::rofl::  ::rofl::

::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl:: I like it :)
No guilt in life, no fear in death /This is the power of Christ in me /From life’s first cry to final breath /Jesus commands my destiny~ Newsboys "In Christ Alone"