Author Topic: Life Through Your Camera  (Read 770797 times)

airtac

Re: Life Through Your Camera
« Reply #450 on: May 05, 2007, 02:39:12 PM »

"pretty cold for the spotter in the open door"   How much bleed air is available to keep your tooties warm or do you wear boots ???

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #451 on: May 05, 2007, 05:45:25 PM »
Hey Soccermom...Thought you might like to see this...
I was in the FBO at Franklin airport in North Carolina the other day, saw this neat tissue dispenser and thought of you and your "soccer team"..

Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #452 on: May 05, 2007, 05:52:16 PM »
Wow that's cool!  8) |:)\

Who made it? Hand-made or mass-produced?

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #453 on: May 05, 2007, 06:05:16 PM »
Wow that's cool!  8) |:)\

Who made it? Hand-made or mass-produced?

Frank

I think handmade---I was going to "borrow" it for Mom and the team, but I was being watched too closely---must have something to do with a bad helicopter pilot rap or something. I think that would look just peachy in the back of "soccermom's" minivan. ::rofl::  ::rofl::
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #454 on: May 05, 2007, 06:30:54 PM »
Welcome to the south---seen while driving in Tennessee...

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #455 on: May 05, 2007, 07:11:28 PM »
Hmm, a deer with a bullseye and brass bollocks.... no comment, especially not on the seating arrangement of the deer.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #456 on: May 05, 2007, 10:07:01 PM »
G-Man, love the picture from the FBO!!  Ha ha, I have never seen anything like that.  yeah, I'd mount it in the back if I could find something like that..  of course it woudl be busted off in the first 5 minutes!  Every item in the plane gets a beating when they stagger aboard with the mountains of clumsy gear on!!

Too funny.  You do have an eye for finding funny stuff.  As for the deer item, uh..  well...  I just figure, if you sport fake body parts, it must be for a reason.   ::eek::

;)                      ;)                       ;)                       ;)   
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #457 on: May 05, 2007, 10:35:08 PM »

"pretty cold for the spotter in the open door"   How much bleed air is available to keep your tooties warm or do you wear boots ???

Hey Airtac!!   ::wave::

We've got plenty of bleed air...  and this a/c has a doozy of a heater...  but even with it cranked, that is one big ole hole in the back of the airplane when it's -10 C out...  we had a tight jump spot yesterday, so the spotter was dropping them only 2 at a time..  so, five passes for one load of 9 jumpers.  Throw in 3 streamer passes, a size-up pass, and their practice cargo passes, and they were a bit, shall we say, "chilled".  They never complain..  they all had on their longjohns..  but by the time we landed they sure had pink cheeks!  ha. 

I've dropped fires in October where we had to fly through the snowstorms to get there... on one, I heard a bunch of laughing and turned around to see one funny guy with his wool hat pulled down all the way over his face UNDER HIS CRASH HELMET.  Kind of like the Headless Horseman!!!!!  HAAAAAAAAAA.   

Ah, yes, a tough deal, they suffer, and I am confy.  Such an unfair life it is.   ::whistle::

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #458 on: May 05, 2007, 11:17:26 PM »
Just found these in my camera, they are from last summer.  Yes, I need to read the instruction book....  I know...   ::whistle::

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #459 on: May 08, 2007, 03:58:39 AM »
"COME ON KIDS, I AM NOT KIDDING THIS TIME, WE ARE LEAVING, YOU HAVE FIVE MINUTES TO GET ON YOUR SUITS!

DALE, QUIT PICKING ON JENNY.  SHANE, I DON'T CARE IF YOUR WATER BOTTLE IS EMPTY, TOO BAD, WE WILL BE HOME IN ABOUT 12 MINUTES!  LET'S GO!  LISA, I TOLD YOU TO GET THAT SEATBELT ON, I MEAN ON THIS TIME, I AM NOT JOKING HERE.

RICHARD, ARE YOU IN YOUR SEAT?  OKAY, WE ARE LEAVING NOW...   DON'T MAKE ME COME BACK THERE........"

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #460 on: May 08, 2007, 04:24:20 AM »
"COME ON KIDS, I AM NOT KIDDING THIS TIME, WE ARE LEAVING, YOU HAVE FIVE MINUTES TO GET ON YOUR SUITS!

DALE, QUIT PICKING ON JENNY.  SHANE, I DON'T CARE IF YOUR WATER BOTTLE IS EMPTY, TOO BAD, WE WILL BE HOME IN ABOUT 12 MINUTES!  LET'S GO!  LISA, I TOLD YOU TO GET THAT SEATBELT ON, I MEAN ON THIS TIME, I AM NOT JOKING HERE.

RICHARD, ARE YOU IN YOUR SEAT?  OKAY, WE ARE LEAVING NOW...   DON'T MAKE ME COME BACK THERE........"

So Mom---Are you trying to tell us that the "kids" were "acting up" today?

Do you need me and Airtac to come kick some ass???????????????  ::rofl::   ::rofl::   ::rofl::

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #461 on: May 08, 2007, 05:03:20 AM »
Actually, they were pretty good today...  since we've been going to Doctor Quackens, they've done so much better now, with the Ritalin.    ::whistle::

:D

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #462 on: May 08, 2007, 10:01:10 AM »
Great pictures, but what's Doctor Quackens? Yet another fast-food chain? And are those names made-up or are there really a lot of women there (also remembering G-Man's pictures).

Frank
— Leonardo da Vinci

airtac

« Reply #463 on: May 08, 2007, 01:38:01 PM »

So Mom---Are you trying to tell us that the "kids" were "acting up" today?

Do you need me and Airtac to come kick some ass???????????????  ::rofl::   ::rofl::   ::rofl::

Hey Gman, I'm happy you volunteered our services but have you seen them jumper kids???--we might need to pack a lunch AND 2 or 3 cans of "whupass" to survive the day ::rambo::

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #464 on: May 08, 2007, 05:52:35 PM »
HA HA, well I am not sure about the extra cans of whup-ass, I think ORNERY counts for something here...   ;)        ;)        ;)  (And yes, I am speaking for myself too...) 

A few summers back, I went into a small airport to pick up the "kids" and happened to land right after another, government Otter, which was there to pick up "their kids".  I just happened to have what we affectionately refer to as a "gorilla load"....  all very big, big guys.  The other airplane just happened to have an entire load of real small guys.  (Note:  the small guys are notoriously known for being way tougher.  Just ask them.  No, really.)

As they loaded up, side by side, one young kid from the other airplane approached me with big eyes, pointed at my bunch and said "My GOD...  What do you FEED those guys?"  It was SO funny. 

And Frank:  those are indeed the names of the folks on my load yesterday..  2 of the 8 I had were women...  and 2 of the 8 rookies currently being pounded into dust (and surviving very well!) are also women.  We have 5 women here now as jumpers, and if these last two make it, I am sure that will be some kind of base record. 

::bow::