Author Topic: Life Through Your Camera  (Read 770970 times)

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: Life Through Your Camera
« Reply #225 on: April 02, 2007, 12:15:42 AM »
The quality of this isn't so hot, because I copied it off a calendar, but...  c'est la vie!!    :P

This is a Skycrane working on the huge Biscuit fire, in Oregon, 2002. 

8)

Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #226 on: April 03, 2007, 09:36:00 PM »
I went out to a local conservation area today. Took a few pictures. No airplanes  :( but it was a nice area anyways. Enjoy  :)
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #227 on: April 04, 2007, 07:28:11 AM »
Those are pretty Gil!!   :)

I saw this online tonight, and thought it was kinda neat.  One of our mechanics has gone to Nepal to work on Twin Otters;  he had some WILD shots of his "hotel" room -- a slab bed carved out of the stone that also made up the walls and floor!  His backpack on the "bed" looked so out of place.

I just wish I could say I was there to take the picture......     ;)

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #228 on: April 04, 2007, 06:57:23 PM »
Scheduled service to a BEACH...  in the Outer Hebrides, Scotland...........

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #229 on: April 07, 2007, 02:23:43 AM »
The end of the day.....

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
« Reply #230 on: April 07, 2007, 08:23:48 AM »
Ok, completely non related to aviation, however this is too funny not to share.  It's Easter weekend here, and the campus is empty.  For fraternity brothers are left alone with roughly 6,000 post it notes.  Enjoy....

-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #231 on: April 07, 2007, 01:30:34 PM »
Soccermom: Coool! Is that the minivan btw?

Undatc: Ok, maybe they saw what other people did to a colleagues Jaguar. They've got too much time on their hands I think.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
« Reply #232 on: April 07, 2007, 04:05:33 PM »
Soccermom: Coool! Is that the minivan btw?

Undatc: Ok, maybe they saw what other people did to a colleagues Jaguar. They've got too much time on their hands I think.

Frank

Actually it was me and three other guys that did it.  The two guys that live in there are gone on Easter Break.  They will be back Monday.  Should be fun  ::rofl::
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #233 on: April 07, 2007, 05:06:38 PM »
Hmmmm....  I sense a real Post-It trend starting here.....  funny!

Yes, Frank, that is the White Minivan in Ely, Nevada, last summer.....    ::wave::

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #234 on: April 10, 2007, 06:26:52 AM »
PEDAL FASTER BUBBA, THEY'RE GAININ' ON US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline spacer

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #235 on: April 10, 2007, 07:32:50 AM »
Thought I'd give the GIMP a shot, having seen what folks have done all over the net.
I took a photo of some tugboats in Georgetown SC a few years back, ended up with a washed out sky

Last weekend, Mrs Velo and I were admiring the puffy clouds by the river, so I took a snap

When we got home, I fired up GIMP, with an instruction book balanced on my lap, and churned out my first modified photo. I'm sure
seasoned users can pick it apart easily, but I still think it looks better than the original, and the almost surreal lighting adds something to it... I think.

Now I need to dig into my aviation photofiles to see if I have any good practice fodder for the GIMP.  ::type::

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #236 on: April 10, 2007, 02:45:17 PM »

Are you guys fighting fires, or running something? ::thinking:: ::thinking:: ::thinking:: :D :D
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #237 on: April 10, 2007, 06:54:14 PM »
Now I need to dig into my aviation photofiles to see if I have any good practice fodder for the GIMP.  ::type::

Velo, what is "the GIMP"?  Forgive my ignorance, please....   :)

Are you guys fighting fires, or running something? ::thinking:: ::thinking:: ::thinking:: :D :D

Gil, we were in a civvie gov't DC-3 and during the off-season, used to do training stuff for the military...  this was an Army Special Forces job and was the first time we worked with any of the branches, back in 1990.  We were practicing infiltrations..  got to do night drops, too, kind of cool to see all those luma-lites glowing in the back of the airplane...  These were the same great guys who ended up in Somalia three years later....    :'(   

We had a Blackhawk on each wing and they kept calling, laughing, and saying "Man, can't you bump up the speed?  We're just hanging here..."  It was pretty funny, we were pedaling as fast as could....   They were super people.    |:)\

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #238 on: April 10, 2007, 07:33:04 PM »
Those are pretty Gil!!   :)

I saw this online tonight, and thought it was kinda neat.  One of our mechanics has gone to Nepal to work on Twin Otters;  he had some WILD shots of his "hotel" room -- a slab bed carved out of the stone that also made up the walls and floor!  His backpack on the "bed" looked so out of place.

I just wish I could say I was there to take the picture......     ;)

The collection of picture in this forum is becoming impressive. I really like them, and wished I had some to share.  |:)\ |:)\ |:)\ |:)\ |:)\ |:)\
Since you seem interested in Nepal, Soccermom, I will search my external disks for some pictures: I should have tons.....since I've spent in India and Nepal a month.

I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #239 on: April 10, 2007, 08:40:33 PM »
I should correct actually. I spent the last two hours looking for them, and I cannot find them. but, if you are interested, I could - and I cannot promise - ask a friend of mine, who should have a copy of the pictures and see if I can arrange to post them on the forum. In the meanwhile, I found some interesting ones....enojoy. that's a picture taken from the sky of the f. place in which I live. ::sick:: ::sick:: ::sick::
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.