Author Topic: David Clark headset repair  (Read 2903 times)

Offline kkrummy1

David Clark headset repair
« on: March 07, 2014, 07:24:03 PM »
I was so pleased with the service I just got from David Clark Co. that I had to tell somebody. I have been flying with a set of David Clark H10-30's since the early 80's and they have always given great service. But over the years wear and tear was starting to make them look rather shabby.  The ear pads were shot and the cords were a little frayed. To make a long story short, I returned them to DC for service/refurbishment and, for a modest price, they were returned in like new shape with volume control added and with a bunch of accessories that weren't even available when I bought them.  The service was fast, economical and I was amazed at the quality and care they took to make sure things were done right. Other than flying their headset for many years I have no connection to the company. I just wanted everyone to know how happy I was with their great service.  :)

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
Re: David Clark headset repair
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 09:44:42 AM »
They are known for doing that.... I once dropped my headset about a week after the 5 year warranty expired. Fedexed it to them for "expeditious repair" with Credit card number and instructions to do ASAP, and I would not have a problem paying extra being a professional pilot.....I had a brand new noise cancelling one on my doorstep the next day----NO charge......

They truly take customer service to the absolute upper limit.
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
Re: David Clark headset repair
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 08:39:31 PM »
Same experience here! Great people!

I wish there were more companies like that in aviation!

other companies I have found to be similar was Maui Jim's, and the guys from Florida who build the Galet Flight helmets, Merit Apparel.
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.