Author Topic: Your favorite gloomy weather comfort food......  (Read 39191 times)

Offline cj5_pilot

• Rooster
  • "Fly Fast, Fly Low, Turn Left"
    • Alaskan Aviators
Re: Your favorite gloomy weather comfort food......
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2006, 05:50:12 PM »
Tough one, though I lean towards a good clam chowder.
The average pilot, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2006, 10:53:54 PM »
what about toasted bread and nutella?!?!?  ;D

Being new and all that, I hate to disagree so early.  Having thrown out that disclaimer, I'm going to have to shudder and say "No!"  Nutella?  C'mon...  (Just kidding.  Sort of...)

Haha! No worries at all!
I usually tend to chose sweet things, but when it comes that I've to cook (and I lately have, since I'm living by myself now :)   ) I usually chose to cook easy things. something I like is tuna: I mean, not the canned one, the fresh one. one minute one side, one minute on the other in a pan with just a little bit of olive oil and pepper. and it's ready to serve. but...the good thing too, is that I've discovered that - after all - I'm not soooo bad in the kitchen, since I was able to perform a roastbeef lately ;)

I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline Panzerrat

• Cockerel
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2006, 11:33:00 PM »
Muuuch bette than nutella.  Fresh tuna steaks are awesome.
"You call this bad? I'll tell you what bad is....Bad is passing test depth at 80 feet per second with a thirty degree down bubble. Compared to that, this is a walk in the park.”

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2006, 09:45:19 PM »
Muuuch bette than nutella.  Fresh tuna steaks are awesome.

I agree with you. but fish in general is good and it's healty too.
Yesterday, BTW, I went to a shop here in London and found a fresh made fish soup. I was appalled, since it seemed to be a really tasty one. I bought a quite big package, so that until tomorrow (if it's still eatable and I hope so! there is no expiry date) I've it. when I paid for it, I decided that even if bad, it had to be good. I was shocked by the price, since it reflected the london's salary and it was like two people going to the restaurant and eat two dishes each. Luckily enough, it's really really gorgeous and tasty. I've to see if I can find the recipe, since I'd like to post it in the forum. it's awesome.....

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2006, 05:01:06 AM »
You were appalled?   :D  You might want to consult your dictionary on that one, Happy.  (Unless it means something good in Italian.)
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2006, 05:00:17 PM »
You were appalled?   :D  You might want to consult your dictionary on that one, Happy.  (Unless it means something good in Italian.)

Hoho! thanks for the remark. I sometimes get mistaken on the use of terms and I hope you will excuse me, but lately it happens with a certain frequence. I must be quite tired (actually i'm just waiting for vacations!)! :)

I meant - actually - that I got curious and thought it could have been a good idea to taste it! Sorry! :)

fireflyr

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2006, 06:16:30 PM »

Hoho! thanks for the remark. I sometimes get mistaken on the use of terms and I hope you will excuse me, but lately it happens with a certain frequence. I must be quite tired (actually i'm just waiting for vacations!)! :)

I meant - actually - that I got curious and thought it could have been a good idea to taste it! Sorry! :)

No apologies necessary, your command of the English language (converted to Yankee) is great and the occasional mistake is really very charming ;) ;)
And be sure to get the recipe or description of the soup---I love soup recipes for fish 8)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 06:19:34 PM by fireflyr »

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2006, 06:36:03 PM »
No apologies, Hap.  Your English is better than a lot of Americans'.  Just thought I should point that one out, since it was the exact opposite meaning that you were going for.   :D  Now you can speak very much gooder.
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

undatc

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2006, 11:13:04 AM »
Hmmm gloomy food eh...

Im going with Irish Coffee   ::)

fireflyr

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2006, 06:20:49 PM »
Hey Happy, did you ever figure out a taste discription or a recipe for that fish soup mentioned above ???

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2006, 08:38:01 PM »
Hey Happy, did you ever figure out a taste discription or a recipe for that fish soup mentioned above ???

Ohhhh! :( :( Fireflyr not yet! until the 23rd I was in London but did not buy it again. anyhow the 8th I'm going back there and I will buy it again and try to tell you the recipe! :)  |:)\ thanks, for remembering!

undatc

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2006, 09:17:59 PM »
How about New England Clam Chowder in a Sourdough Bread bowl?  Had it for lunch today, soooooo good.

fireflyr

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2006, 09:33:48 PM »
How about New England Clam Chowder in a Sourdough Bread bowl?  Had it for lunch today, soooooo good.
Since you are familiar with Seattle--my favorite Italian restauraunt was a place on the waterfront named Christines------made a basil pesto pasta to die for ::bow::

Offline Panzerrat

• Cockerel
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2006, 09:50:28 PM »
Which waterfront?  There's nothing listed here by that name that I can find.  How long ago was this?
"You call this bad? I'll tell you what bad is....Bad is passing test depth at 80 feet per second with a thirty degree down bubble. Compared to that, this is a walk in the park.”

undatc

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2006, 09:59:54 PM »
Since you are familiar with Seattle--my favorite Italian restauraunt was a place on the waterfront named Christines------made a basil pesto pasta to die for ::bow::

Yea, I dont know where it is, i havent heard of it, and i've spent quite a bit of time in seattle in restraunts.  Space Needle, Ivars, Stanly and Seaforts, The Crab Shack, and some really expensive place on the tacoma water front that i went to for my senior prom.