Author Topic: Greetings from far off  (Read 5233 times)

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
Greetings from far off
« on: August 09, 2013, 05:31:05 PM »
Hey guys,

I know it's been frigging forever since I've checked in.  Go ahead, hit me now!

Lots has been happening -- and I finally have some (rotten) internet now, so am going to say HEY and do my best to be connected again.  Am still in the White Minivan -- and she's still my favorite girl.....  am in Africa right now flying off a dirt strip.  Not sure if I can say where, exactly, I will have to ask first.

I have MISSED you!!

xoxoxox,
S'Mom**
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
Re: Greetings from far off
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 05:57:36 PM »
Welcome back....be safe out there.... I suspect I may know where you be at.....
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 01:10:00 AM »
Good the hear from you again!  |:)\ Working in Africa. Sounds an adventure. Be safe

Gilly  |:)\
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 07:54:05 AM »
Thanks for the notes, great to be back in here.  Missed the Coop!  I will hope the internet stays connected...  sometimes she does, sometimes she doesn't....  along with the power, ha ha.

Hope things are going great with everyone -- and that it's a great fire season!!
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 08:16:44 PM »
Yay mom!
We missed you!

It's weird, I was just about to write you an email today. But I usually check the forum before I write my emails and there you were!
How cool is that!??

Fireseason is soso this year. Hasn't been big in Nevada at all....
Seen one Minivan in Twin Falls with the really old guy flying (Jump 97 or something). Not the same without you...

Am I assuming correctly you might not be able to share a lot of Minivan adventures with us at the moment?  ;) ;D
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 01:56:18 AM »
Welcome back!

Mike, your fire season has really been considered quiet?   We've had a nasty one in Alaska.   Normally our season is over by now and we still have some monster fires going too.   In fact, my friend who is a fire medic just got sent back out again last week.
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 05:01:00 PM »
Hey S'Mon! good to see that you are still with us  :)  Stay safe out there  |:)\
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 04:09:11 AM »
Welcome back!

Mike, your fire season has really been considered quiet?   We've had a nasty one in Alaska.   Normally our season is over by now and we still have some monster fires going too.   In fact, my friend who is a fire medic just got sent back out again last week.

"my" season as in my personal season....
Since I'm now doing 12 days on 12 days off, I seem to be exactly at the right time at the right place...
"Annie" has flown almost 70 hours since I left but the last time I was on duty we only flew 20-ish...

Luck of the draw I guess. I'm a little bummed since I want the 100hrs to get the type-rating and FS carding. But once I'm typed and on salary it won't matter quite as much anymore. It's been a while since I was counting and collecting hours.....
 ;)
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 07:34:56 PM »

"my" season as in my personal season....
Since I'm now doing 12 days on 12 days off, I seem to be exactly at the right time at the right place...
"Annie" has flown almost 70 hours since I left but the last time I was on duty we only flew 20-ish...

Luck of the draw I guess. I'm a little bummed since I want the 100hrs to get the type-rating and FS carding. But once I'm typed and on salary it won't matter quite as much anymore. It's been a while since I was counting and collecting hours.....
 ;)

Ah, I see.   I'm volunteering with fire/rescue up in AK now on my off time.  Doesn't take 100 hours to get signed off to drive a fire truck or ambulance ;)

I would like to get checked out in the air boat though...
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"