Author Topic: tuna veal  (Read 13881 times)

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
tuna veal
« on: July 15, 2006, 10:14:27 PM »
Mates, it makes almost a month I'm not posting any recipe (Looks like I'm on diet!  :) summer bikini test?!?).........
So.....Here you are! that's quite a light dish, really good for summertime. And quite easy to prepare.

Wrap the veal (1 kg)  in a cloth and put in in a casserole with bouillon made with (water + white vinegar) celery (3 or 4 legs), carrots (300 g), an half onion, some laurel leafs and some of sage and salt. Let it boil for 2 hrs. A part, you’ve to prepare mayo with 2 eggs (the more the yolk is firm the better), some mustard (a teaspoon), the juice of half a lemon, pepper and olive oil. Put in a mixer the tuna (100 g) and the anchovies (100 g) and the capers (50 g). Mix. Get the mayo together. If the sauce is too firm, you add some bouillon. Put it in the fridge. Take the veal out. Unwrap. Wait for it to be cold, then cut in really thin slices.Get a big plate, put the veal slices there, get the sauce and cover the veal with it. Enjoy!

PS: Roland, I tried the Kaiserschmarren. wow  :D :D! It was a taste I remembered from a really short trip to Wien and well they sorted out nicely, even if it was me cooking! I've not tried Wienerschnitzel yet on the contrary, since the last time I prepared it I found myself with 2 carbonized schitzel, an oily kitchen and an ex who had to take me out for a pizza instead (it probably was one of the reasons for being an ex! :) I still like better when it's my mom preparing it...no hassles)!...I must be psychologically prepared that day I try to cook it again!

Nite nite mates!!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 10:16:01 PM by happylanding »
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
  • My da*n easy button's broken. Can I borrow yours?
Re: tuna veal
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 06:27:50 PM »
......Let it boil for 2 hrs......
2 hours?? that's quite a long time, is this a typo or you really meant 2 hours? oh, and does it really have to have anchovies??
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 07:07:05 PM »
......Let it boil for 2 hrs......
2 hours?? that's quite a long time, is this a typo or you really meant 2 hours? oh, and does it really have to have anchovies??

2 hrs, yes, I'm sure! And about anchovies....In the original recipe (it's a quite usual summer dish here) there are and let be assured that you won't taste them a lot. So, if you do not taste them when they are there, I'm sure that without won't make a lot of difference!

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 07:49:55 PM »
ok, 2 hours, it just seems that that would overcook the meat. veal is already tender, but is this a way to tenderize it more?
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 07:59:26 PM »
ok, 2 hours, it just seems that that would overcook the meat. veal is already tender, but is this a way to tenderize it more?

It usually stays incredibly tender... I will anyhow ask my mom if she does it cooking for less time, in a different way that what the recipe states. but I also think it's maybe a way to let it catch the taste of the veggies inside the bouillon. the slices then, when cut, must be really thin (so, it's better if you've an automatic knife) and when you cover all with the sauce, you almost do not need any knife....

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 08:06:08 PM »
..... you almost do not need any knife....
yeah, that's my point, veal is so tender, and granted i usually don't eat it because of the way it's raised but will from time to time, i just thought that cooking it, boiling no less, for two hours seemed a little extreme. i'll try the recipe though. it does sound good!

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 09:18:19 AM »
Here I'm with the answer! My mom says she doesn't have it boiling during 2 hrs but the time needed to have it ready to eat, that depends on how big is the piece of veal. the important thing is that it's cooked enough and it is not rare anymore. She told me you can also cook the veal like it were roast (without boiling it then.......I hope it's the right word....well, like it were roastbeef), cooked into the pan and then in the oven, and prepare the sauce aside....

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 01:15:33 AM »
I knew I shouldn't have ventured into this forum.... now I'm hungry, and for stuff that I can't make.  :(
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

fireflyr

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 03:37:02 AM »
I knew I shouldn't have ventured into this forum.... now I'm hungry, and for stuff that I can't make.  :(

Typical young career pilot---look in his fridge and cupboard, you'll find milk, cold cereal, refried beans, leftover condiments (taco sauce etc.) McNugget containers, dried up salad veggies, and Cheezits!!!!! :-\

fireflyr

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2006, 03:40:04 AM »
Oh, and I forgot tell you---"wash your sheets, it's the 4th week of the month!" :P

Offline Baradium

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2006, 05:30:27 AM »

Typical young career pilot---look in his fridge and cupboard, you'll find milk, cold cereal, refried beans, leftover condiments (taco sauce etc.) McNugget containers, dried up salad veggies, and Cheezits!!!!! :-\

McNuggets containers?  Them's high dollar items there. :o    Salad veggies?!  What kind of self respecting college student turned pilot eats anything resembling healthy?

Ok, maybe it's more that I'm not all that great of a cook

Let's see.   My stuff in the fridge:   Milk, bread, cheese, lunch meat, OJ and a few small things.     Cupboard:  a few cans of tuna, some cold cereal... some leftover condiments (ouch, close to home there).  Instead of Cheezits I have Oreos and poptarts.  :P

Oh, and I forgot tell you---"wash your sheets, it's the 4th week of the month!"

Already?!   :(

But the washer costs so much money :(     

I'll get on it tomorrow.  :P
"Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground, and I won't back down"
  -Johnny Cash "I won't back Down"

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2006, 12:02:54 PM »

It seems that, even if I'm not a career pilot, my fridge is exactly alike, butfor the veggies! :) I hope I will be excused since the kitchen is only composed by a microwave oven! :)

fireflyr

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006, 03:11:54 PM »

McNuggets containers?  Them's high dollar items there. :o    Salad veggies?!  What kind of self respecting college student turned pilot eats anything resembling healthy?

Ok, maybe it's more that I'm not all that great of a cook

Let's see.   My stuff in the fridge:   Milk, bread, cheese, lunch meat, OJ and a few small things.     Cupboard:  a few cans of tuna, some cold cereal... some leftover condiments (ouch, close to home there).  Instead of Cheezits I have Oreos and poptarts.  :P

Oh, and I forgot tell you---"wash your sheets, it's the 4th week of the month!"

Already?!   :(

But the washer costs so much money :(     

I'll get on it tomorrow.  :P
HAAHAAA!   GOTCHA!! ;D
But that's why I said "dried up salad veggies"---most young guys buy salad stuff to impress any chick (yes Chuck--chick) that might look in his fridge although Oreos is a food group and pop tarts are a health food! ;)