Author Topic: swiss italian seriously alcoholic recipe for pilot  (Read 18886 times)

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
swiss italian seriously alcoholic recipe for pilot
« on: May 31, 2006, 01:03:31 PM »
Mates,
I see you like alcohol, so here we are. That’s a recipe of a typical swiss italian liqueur: the RATAFIÀ.

Ingredients:
2 litres of alcohol (24 degrees)
39 walnuts: you should recollect the on St. John night (24th of June) or around that time cut in 4 (they are still green): get a Stryker, because it’s quite hard!
10 clove buds
1 stick of cinnamon
the peel of a medium average lemon.

Put all the ingredients in a big vase (that you can close) and expose it to the sun for 40 days, mixing it up from time to time.
Around the first days of august you take everything again in the kitchen, and you boil 4 dl of water, adding  1 kg of sugar. You leave everything there till it cools down, then you put the water and sugar in the big vase with all the other ingredients. Before bottling you have to sift everything. After 6 months (around X mas more or less) you can drink it.
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline Roland

• Cockerel
Re: swiss italian seriously alcoholic recipe for pilot
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 01:11:58 PM »
Nusschnaps that is! (nut-shnaps).

Ok. you forgot to tell us WHERE we are supposed to kollect those nuts. (No, I'm not nuts!)

AND: one gts very brounish fingers (khaki) for DAYS!
If helicopter flying would be difficult, engineers would do it.

Offline SteepTurn

• Cockerel
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 01:37:56 PM »
Mates,
I see you like alcohol, so here we are. That’s a recipe of a typical swiss italian liqueur: the RATAFIÀ.

Ingredients:
2 litres of alcohol (24 degrees)
39 walnuts: you should recollect the on St. John night (24th of June) or around that time cut in 4 (they are still green): get a Stryker, because it’s quite hard!
10 clove buds
1 stick of cinnamon
the peel of a medium average lemon.

That's a really good idea! I know this stuff and you can't stop drinking it....
But you forgot one essential thing: gloves!! you need them for cutting the green walnuts. Otherwise you will have black finers / hands for exactly 40 days... I recommend the thin, white gloves which are used in hospitals, you know, these ones they use..... no more details :D
for climbing --> pull ** for decending --> continue pulling

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 03:51:57 PM »

Ok. you forgot to tell us WHERE we are supposed to kollect those nuts. (No, I'm not nuts!)

Ops, you're right! Don't you know any farmer? I usually call farmers in the country here and ask, some days before the 24th. I'm sure you can find some near where you live.....

Offline Roland

• Cockerel
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 07:24:35 PM »

Ops, you're right! Don't you know any farmer? I usually call farmers in the country here and ask, some days before the 24th. I'm sure you can find some near where you live.....

Ah, I see, it could be ANY tree. I just thought to ask because you have been so precise in all the other points. So I thought there is a very special tree…(well, you know, ahm, you’re from Swizerland and we all know, ahm, you are very precise and so ahm, I, ahm,…) ::)

So I can go into my garden and take the walnuts from my tree? But before the 24th of June, right? Is that UTC?

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 10:41:07 PM »
Ah, I see, it could be ANY tree. I just thought to ask because you have been so precise in all the other points. So I thought there is a very special tree…(well, you know, ahm, you’re from Swizerland and we all know, ahm, you are very precise and so ahm, I, ahm,…) ::)

So I can go into my garden and take the walnuts from my tree? But before the 24th of June, right? Is that UTC?

Yes, you can! And yes, it must be in the middle of the night, the 24th of June. I think that there is a folk story attached to it, because every recipe book states it must be that night! I will try to discover it........

Offline Roland

• Cockerel
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 05:45:29 AM »

Yes, you can! And yes, it must be in the middle of the night, the 24th of June. I think that there is a folk story attached to it, because every recipe book states it must be that night! I will try to discover it........

Yes please, but hurry. And due to the fact that we are very international here, actually global, pleas tell us at which midnight the nuts have to be collected.

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 09:53:15 AM »

Yes please, but hurry. And due to the fact that we are very international here, actually global, pleas tell us at which midnight the nuts have to be collected.

Hello! I did some checks and found the following. the nuts must be recollected the night of the 24th June (than in the night that goes into the 25th) , that's the shortest night of the year. time...whatever. they say so because it was said that witches used to recollect them naked. so, if you find some girl around naked taking some nuts, she is not gone crazy, but she is a witch........ ;) preparing the "nocino"!!!!

In fact it's just because the walnuts are not mature yet.......

fireflyr

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 09:08:44 PM »
I like the "naked witch" version better........................ :o

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 09:16:36 PM »

wonder if steepturn asked me if I was doing the nocino this year!?!?!? Ah, Men!!!! ;) ;)

fireflyr

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2006, 03:52:57 AM »

wonder if steepturn asked me if I was doing the nocino this year!?!?!? Ah, Men!!!! ;) ;)

And I'd watch HIM veeeery carefully if I were you!!!! :D

Offline SteepTurn

• Cockerel
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2006, 06:04:39 PM »
Hy guys and girls!!

CORRECTION!!!
I didn't ask if happylanding makes some nocino or not. The question was different: I asked on which tree she will go to collect the nuts!!! It's different!!! :D :D :D
for climbing --> pull ** for decending --> continue pulling

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
  • My da*n easy button's broken. Can I borrow yours?
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2006, 01:01:48 AM »
hey happy, if you're gonna be picking nuts at night naked......can i take pictures?  :P ::) :P ;D

(yes, flyer, you can have the negatives!)
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2006, 10:26:38 AM »
hey happy, if you're gonna be picking nuts at night naked......can i take pictures?  :P ::) :P ;D

(yes, flyer, you can have the negatives!)

Plthijnx, I won't make any nocino this year.... ;) ;)..............you know, like the publicity of Martini......"no nocino, no party"    ;) ;) ;)

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
  • My da*n easy button's broken. Can I borrow yours?
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2006, 05:06:04 PM »
aww shucks!
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown