Author Topic: cooking with plthijnx  (Read 30352 times)

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
  • My da*n easy button's broken. Can I borrow yours?
cooking with plthijnx
« on: May 27, 2006, 06:26:34 PM »
i LOVE to cook so i'm going to post at least one good chow down a week. here's the first one, enjoy!
ok, here's a good one:
one whole chicken
pour a little of your favorite beer on the bird then:
3 lemons - quartered and squeezed on the chicken and leave leftovers in the pan
fresh ground pepper the outside and inside of the chicken
*fresh* basil, oregano and thyme-rub it on the outside and throw some on the inside as well (this is critical, has to be fresh!!!)
then you'll need tony's as well (or equal see above, mcCormick make a "season-all" if you don't have tony's where you live or PM me and i'll take care of it, i'll take paypal!)
1 coarsly chopped onion put this inside and outside the bird and do the same with:
1 red bell pepper
2 cloves of fresh garlic
1 diced jalapenio, if you like them, personally i don't cook without them
prepare chicken and preheat either the grill, smoker or oven to 200.
cooking time will depend on the size of the yard bird but usually around 4 to 5 hours
the key here is to SLOW cook!!!! juicy tender and tastes awesome! give it a try!!
keep in mind that when you put the bird on the grill, it's going to absorb the heat so if the smoker or whatever is at 250 or so when you put it on, the temp is going to fall so be ready with either more wood or know how to throttle your exhaust vent....preferably both...
if you have any questions PM me and i'll be more than happy to help!

edit: forgot to mention salt and pepper to taste!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 03:03:51 AM by plthijnx »
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
Re: cooking with plthijnx
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 06:32:31 PM »
whole red snapper, beheaded and scaled:
i copied and pasted this from the other thread and added a little too:
i have a 24x16x16 smoker with a 16x16x16 firebox and i maintain a temp of 200 degrees and cook it until you can peel the skin back easily (usually about an hour and a half to two hours). as far as a marinade goes i use 1 whole onion coarsely chopped, red bell pepper, chopped tomato if i'm in the mood for them, tony chachere's creole seasoning, pepper, lots and lots of butter and half to a whole heineken (depending on how many i'm putting in the foil pan) oh and a splash of lea & perrins worstechire then:
minced fresh garlic, oregano, and thyme
LOTS of butter, oh i metioned that before!  and lemons!
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 10:18:41 PM »
wow, maybe you could prepare a BBQ for everybody in the forum someday!!!! ;D ;D ;D

anyhow, being from different part around the world, everybody could post a recipe and we would taste something different from time to time...don't you think?
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

fireflyr

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 04:05:29 PM »
GREAT IDEA!! |:)\
A great way to discover some different ethnic foods, let's start thinking of some unusal but favorite regional recipes and post them----no derisive comments about tastes-OK?

Offline Roland

• Cockerel
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 09:27:08 PM »
 Ahm, I wanted to put in a recipe for Wiener Schnitzel, but that does not count any more.... :-\
If helicopter flying would be difficult, engineers would do it.

fireflyr

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 01:54:44 AM »
And why does that not count---------?

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2006, 03:28:36 AM »
Lutefisk anyone?
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

fireflyr

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006, 05:33:02 AM »
SNOT ME!!!! ;D

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 08:16:13 AM »
Ahm, I wanted to put in a recipe for Wiener Schnitzel, but that does not count any more.... :-\

c'mon! a real wiener wiener schnitzel! Everybody needs the recipe!!! then you could post the sachertorte if you find yourself out of ideas!!  ;) ;)
I'm looking around to get some good tessiner recipes. I'm a crap in the kitchen, so I would not like to run the risk of indireclty poisoning everybody here!  :D :D

Offline Roland

• Cockerel
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2006, 10:54:08 AM »
Here you go. Part N° 1, the main dish:

Wiener Schnitzel

For the traditional Wiener Schnitzel, the Viennese normally use veal, and lard to fry it. But you can also use pork, chicken or turkey and oil to fry it. It will taste just as delicious either way!

Ingredients:

•   four veal cutlet of 120 grams each
•   flour
•   2 eggs
•   breadcrumbs
•   salt
•   oil or lard for frying

Pound the meat thin and cut the fringes carefully.
Salt lightly, bread them and put them in a saucepan and fry both sides of them in hot fat.
There should be enough fat in the saucepan so that the schnitzel float in the saucepan and do not touch the bottom.

Breading:

Prepare three plates: Put flour on one, breadcrumbs on a second and two eggs that have been whisked. Cover the meat first in the flour, then in the egg and finally in the breadcrumbs

I’ve post this with some help of my colleges in the office. They also said unisono that there has to be a salad too so here is the salad:

Erdäpfelsalat

Ingredients
•   1 kg potatos
•   1 red onion
•   vinegar
•   oil
•   salt, pepper

Recipe

Do not cook the potatoes too long and cut into slices.
Add small onion pieces.
Mix a marinade by using vinegar, oil, salt and pepper and pour it over the salad.
Let it sit a little bit before serving

Mahlzeit ;)

Offline Roland

• Cockerel
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2006, 11:00:03 AM »
And here, part N° 2: the desert

Kaiserschmarren

Ingredients for 4 people:

•   6 eggs
•   200 grams cake or pastry flour
•   50 grams sugar
•   250 milliliters milk
•   pinch of salt
•   20 grams or raisins
•   butter
•   powdered sugar
•   plum or apple puree

Recipe

Separate the egg whites from yolks.
Thoroughly mix the yolks, sugar, milk and flour.
Add a pinch of salt to the egg whites and beat until stiff.
Add stiff egg whites into the dough and fold carefully.

Melt butter in a large pan, pour in the dough and sprinkle in raisins. Let cook on one side for a few minutes, turn over and tear into pieces with a fork.

Be careful not to overcook the pancakes, otherwise they will dry out. Sprinkle powdered sugar and serve with plum or apple puree.

Typical Austrian, I can tell you. You miss something, Mike? ;)

Offline Roland

• Cockerel
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2006, 11:08:31 AM »
The sommelier recommends:

For the main dish a cool, blond beer. Budweiser, but the real one from Budweis

For the desert a coffee-tasting coffee (no other flavour) called ”Melange” (milk-coffee with cream)

And finally a goooood schnaps made from gentian |:)\ (hick)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 11:13:05 AM by Roland »

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2006, 03:26:24 PM »
Okay Mates,

I will offer you a recipe of a typical tessiner dessert that’s so heavy that it already goes well just as a complete dinner or lunch. Given the fact that it contains alcohol, remember the 8 hrs rule………. :D

Eggs (that means 1 egg per person, than depends on how many people there are at your table).For every egg, then for every person, you’ve to count an espresso cup (an Italian espresso, not a Starbucks!   ;) ) of Marsala liqueur and one of dry white wine and 2 spoons (neither too big, nor too little, let's say a teaspoon) of sugar. Now…let’s cook….. Mix the red part of the egg with sugar. Mix it a lot, a real lot: you must get bored at doing so. Then add marsala liqueur and the wine. Put it on a small pot (the one used to cook pasta), and put the small pot in a bigger one containing boiling water (double boiler?). The cream must become the consistency of ketchup or mayo, more or less. Uniform, anyhow. Take it away from the heat at serve it hot with some biscuits. Enjoy.

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2006, 03:54:17 PM »
i LOVE to cook so i'm going to post at least one good chow down a week. here's the first one, enjoy!
ok, here's a good one:
one whole chicken...........

Doesn't Chuck get upset?!?!?!?!?!?

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2006, 04:55:42 AM »
Doesn't Chuck get upset?!?!?!?!?!?

sweetheart, chuck approved the recipe! especially when i told him it was a bird from the faa and it was here to help! yeah, help us fill our bellies!