Author Topic: cooking with plthijnx  (Read 30305 times)

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
  • My da*n easy button's broken. Can I borrow yours?
Re: cooking with plthijnx
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 01:46:12 AM »
ok, from another thread, i have to teach you guys how to cook dove Texas style!

a dozen or so birds breasted and skinned
pickled jalapenos
tony's (or some variation of season-all)
pepper
sliced yellow onion (or red, works well too, white is too sharp)
bacon
your favorite sausage
tooth picks

cut a slit in both sides of the breast and insert a slice of jalapeno
season to taste with dry seasons but be liberal
then wrap each one with a slice of bacon and secure with a tooth pick
have BBQ grill ready with medium heat preferably on one side of the grill
put the dove breasts (yes flyr, i said brrrreeastsszszssz! wink!  :P ;D 8)) on the cold side of the grill and cover with quartered sausage and cover with onions
cooking time depends on the heat of your grill. ENJOY!!

edit: DANG IT! i forgot to mention to the garlic lovers that you can slice up some cloves and either put them in with the jalapenos or sprinkle them on top with the onions......

« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 01:47:49 AM by plthijnx »
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2006, 02:11:51 AM »
i'm over at a friends and he mentioned quail......here's my recipe:

two quail per person (standard)
lesse here, i have several for this. BBQ, baked, and curried.
for BBQ:
follow instructions above but you don't need the sausage because quail are nice and juicy-the sausage in the above recipe helps with the dryness of the dove
as far as baking them goes, there are many ways to do this. one of my favourites (you Euro's are wearing off on me!) is this:
in a prepared baking dish put the quail in and season with lemon pepper, salt, sprinkle brown sugar on them, yellow or red onion, sliced mushrooms and be very generous with butter. heat oven to 350 and in about, and every, 10 or so minutes, give or take, baste birds with juices, about 20 minutes before they are done squeeze a lemon over them. once they are done take them out and let them settle for about 10 minutes. serve with wild rice and green beans.

as far as the curried goes i have to consult my mother on that one. been a while.....
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown

Offline Turbomallard

• Rooster
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2006, 03:29:45 AM »

Hey HEy HEY HEY HEY!!!!!

I do *not* like where this thread is going!!!!!

Go pick on some more plants and leave the fowl alone...   :D

TM
"Do not read this signature under penalty of law."

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2006, 06:51:45 AM »
ok, from another thread, i have to teach you guys how to cook dove Texas style!

a dozen or so birds breasted and skinned

Wait......wait....Plthijnk, I've a question........!!! Where are you supposed to get doves? You have butchers who sell them???????
I never heard about dishes done with doves.....isn't it the white bird? the one that's used for peace's manifestation and/or marriages and things alike?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 06:55:48 AM by happylanding »
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2006, 07:43:12 AM »

HMMMM looks good.  :)
is it sweet and sour btw? cause you said about using lemon and cane sugar.........
and sorry, what does "wearing off on me" mean? I can't find it!!!!!  ???
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

fireflyr

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2006, 08:43:12 AM »

Hey HEy HEY HEY HEY!!!!!

I do *not* like where this thread is going!!!!!

Go pick on some more plants and leave the fowl alone... :D

TM
Hey TM, I'd stay outa Texas if I was you. If something runs, crawls, flies, or swims---they have a recipe for it.  :P

fireflyr

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2006, 08:57:18 AM »
Got a question PLTHIJNX, you got a recipe for crawfish?  I know you just boil them but there's a lot of spices in the boil I believe. ???

Offline Roland

• Cockerel
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2006, 12:39:07 PM »
try Jet-A1
If helicopter flying would be difficult, engineers would do it.

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2006, 04:55:33 PM »
well happy, ya take yer scattergun and go get'em!! wearing off on me is a referal that means if one hangs around another for long enough he/she starts taking on their habits/qualities. i was making a joke to the fact that i spelled favorite the euro way.....

flyr: crawfish first off need to be purged. put them in a cooler and pour a whole box of rock salt on them then fill it with water and let them sit for about 5-10 minutes. in your boiler throw in LOTS of crab boil zatterans or equal, both the bags and the liquid. lots of lemons garlic onion red potatoes and corn. boil the bugs 'til they float.....

fireflyr

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2006, 01:45:14 AM »
well happy, ya take yer scattergun and go get'em!! wearing off on me is a referal that means if one hangs around another for long enough he/she starts taking on their habits/qualities. i was making a joke to the fact that i spelled favorite the euro way.....

flyr: crawfish first off need to be purged. put them in a cooler and pour a whole box of rock salt on them then fill it with water and let them sit for about 5-10 minutes. in your boiler throw in LOTS of crab boil zatterans or equal, both the bags and the liquid. lots of lemons garlic onion red potatoes and corn. boil the bugs 'til they float.....

Sonny--we gotta git together so's we kin eat us a whole bunch of hush puppies n' catfish and mudbugs---washed down with a bottle or 17 of Dos Equis XX !!!!!! ::) ;) :D :-\

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2006, 06:01:37 PM »
Sonny--we gotta git together so's we kin eat us a whole bunch of hush puppies n' catfish and mudbugs---washed down with a bottle or 17 of Dos Equis XX !!!!!! ::) ;) :D :-\

sounds like a plan to me!

fireflyr

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2006, 09:40:37 PM »

sounds like a plan to me!
Today, anything sounds better than what I'm doing---this is the first time in seven years that I've been home in June and today is my mother-in-law's birthday so I get to (ugh :P) celebrate the day her coven hatched her.   I've been listening to NorCal approach to see if she's getting close but I'm not sure if the witch has a transponder on her broom so probably my first warning will be the dog's mournful howling!  :(
I thought I'd be able to take my mind off my troubles by reading a bunch of humorous and/or inciteful post here but there seems to be a paucity of conversation today---what gives?   Happy, Frank, Steep, Roland, Plthijnx, Mike, Turbomallard, Chuckar--------HELP!!!!!!!

Offline Turbomallard

• Rooster
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2006, 10:26:03 PM »
\
I thought I'd be able to take my mind off my troubles by reading a bunch of humorous and/or inciteful post here but there seems to be a paucity of conversation today---what gives?   Happy, Frank, Steep, Roland, Plthijnx, Mike, Turbomallard, Chuckar--------HELP!!!!!!!

So I headed to the airport today for the first time in over a week. I'm still not well enough to fly (I'm still getting over a sinus infection that I've had for 12 days now and caused me to cancel my trip to Florida in the Arrow a week ago)  but wanted to help out a friend who is finishing up his instrument rating and is slogging through the oral stuff.

He was there when I arrived, along with two CFI friends of mine. They were there, it turned out, to give some girl scouts ground orientation intro stuff on our training airplanes, an activity done with our local Challenger Learning Center. Every 15 minutes or so the groups of four girls would rotate, and we learned they were supposed to ask questions of the CFIs as part of their activity. Being bored and having evil minds, it didn't take long for me and the instrument student to start suggesting questions for the girls to ask. They'd excitedly write them down and head off to the hangar. It was all we could do to not start giggling like a couple of schoolgirls ourselves, picturing the expression on the CFIs' faces as the children started talking. Among the questions we had the girl scouts ask were:

* How does compressibility affect indicated air speed below 300 knots?
    * If one spark plug fails in a cylinder, how come that cylinder has a higher EGT than the others?
    * What's the minimum vectoring altitude for the approaches for runway 29 here?
    * I noticed that the museum's F-14 doesn't have an area-ruled fuselage... how come it didn't suffer from mach airspeed compression problems like the XF-92?
    * Did the museum's F-14 have glove vanes when it flew?
    * Which parts of the Diamond Star's spar sandwich layers have carbon fiber reinforced plastic?

And so on.

Eventually they got done and the two CFIs stomped back into the lobby. They made a bee line straight for the instrument student and I.

"Which one of you [CENSORED]ing  [CENSORED]ers was the one that [CENSORED]ing turned the little girls into [CENSORED]ing aerodynamic engineers and F-14 experts?!?!"

Just goes to show that you don't have to actually fly to have fun at the airport...  ;D

TM
"Do not read this signature under penalty of law."

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2006, 10:42:47 PM »
ROFL!!!!! I just hope they didn't take it out on the girls, or that their activity was damaged by it, otherwise that was one heluva great one!!!!!  |:)\ |:)\ |:)\

Btw, can you actually answer those questions yourself? From what I could tell they were questions and not jibberisch.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

fireflyr

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2006, 12:05:58 AM »
HAAAAAHAAAABWAAAHAA----Thanks TM, I needed that!!!!!! |:)\