Author Topic: Museum at Paine Field, Washington  (Read 5472 times)

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
Museum at Paine Field, Washington
« on: June 06, 2009, 01:12:14 AM »
Has anyone in the Coop been to this museum?? 

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20080605/NEWS01/770534520
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline FlyboyGil

• Alpha Rooster
  • AW, CRAP!!!
    • MYSPACE!!!
Re: Museum at Paine Field, Washington
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 03:25:22 PM »
No I haven't been, but I'm going to!! WW2 AIRPLANES ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::bow:: ::bow::
IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE, YOU'RE PROBABLY AT THE ICE CAPADES

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 02:12:49 AM »
Wierd you posted this up, my buddy at work just gave me a flyer for it.  We're going to head up in a few weeks.  I'll let you know how it is.
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 03:03:38 AM »
Cool! 

It looks really nice...  a friend had a charter over there today and I told him he needed to go check it out... 

but, haven't heard back if he made it or not. 

Thanks!!

:D
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 11:43:50 AM »
Came up link broken ::thinking::   but going down to IWM Duxford again for Flying Legends  ;D MEEERRRRRRRRLLLLLLLIIIIIINNNNNNNS  *DROOOLLL!!*
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 03:16:07 PM »
Hey guys!

If any of you go there..... let me know if they have a gift store that's in need of some Chicken Wings products, ok?!  ;) ::bow::
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline undatc

• Alpha Rooster
  • Standby, I have your request......
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 09:00:20 PM »
Hey guys!

If any of you go there..... let me know if they have a gift store that's in need of some Chicken Wings products, ok?!  ;) ::bow::

Have you checked about putting stuff into the Flight Museum of BFI?  Lots of neat stuff in there.
-the content of the previous post does not represent the opinions of the FAA or NATCA, and is my own personal opinion...

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 02:53:06 AM »
Hey guys!

Have you checked about putting stuff into the Flight Museum of BFI?  Lots of neat stuff in there.

What's the museum called?
We might have. If not, we'll definately give it a shot!
They may be more airliner oriented though, no?!
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Ragwing

• Rooster
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 04:09:27 AM »
The museum in Seattle is the Museum of Flight
http://www.museumofflight.org/visit

It covers airlines, military and early airplanes.
It is not oriented to GA.

It's collection includes a Concord and the 707 Air Force One.

The WWII aircraft museum at Paine Field is the flying heritage museum.
http://www.flyingheritage.com/

Offline Ragwing

• Rooster
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 01:05:56 AM »
The Flying Heritage Collection has added two World War II Flak 37 artillery weapons.

The 88 mm German anti-aircraft gun "was the most famous artillery weapon of World War II," the museum said in a news release.

"The addition of the Flak 37s allows us to illustrate an important influence on the development of aircraft during World War II," Adrian Hunt, the collection's executive director, said in the release. "Our hope for the museum is to continue to capture the extraordinary innovation in technology during WWII and provide a forum for the public to learn about and appreciate this rich history."

German designers developed gun in the late 1920s, working in Switzerland to avoid treaty restrictions, the museum said. It attributed the "flak" name to the German word "Flugabwehrkanone," meaning aircraft defense cannon. The weapon could fire about 15 high-explosive shells per minute to altitudes of more than 30,000 feet.

The Flying Heritage Collection's new Flak 37s were built in Pilsen, Czechoslovakia, for the German military, discovered in Spain and brought back to Germany by a collector after World War II and restored last year by experts in Germany and the United States.

The museum plans to put one gun on permanent display and use the other to fire blanks at special public events. It has scheduled the first public display and firing Sept. 19 at Luftwaffe Day, which is also set to feature a German Messerschmitt Bf 109 and Fieseler Fi 156 Storch in flight.

The free event is scheduled to start at noon at Paine Field, 3407 109th St. S.W., Everett.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/aerospace/archives/177876.asp?source=pimail