Author Topic: What have you flown so far?  (Read 186254 times)

Offline happylanding

• Alpha Rooster
Re: What have you flown so far?
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2006, 09:56:38 PM »
Not much til now, but it is a list that must grow....
Cessna C152
Piper PA28
Pilatus P3
Cyrrus SR22
................no more :(
I give that landing a 9 . . . on the Richter scale.

fireflyr

« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2006, 11:39:54 PM »
what in the world is a PIETENPOL? (how do you even pronounce that?)
I'd like to see that. Any pictures?
The reliant was fun but it flies like a Mack truck. Worth it when you taxi in though. Paro= piperArrow . Pietenpol (pete en pole) a great little plane, single engine tail draggin ragwing one wing up on struts (parasol)The first plans built on the market. As I recall the one I flew had an old Franklin.
Yep, that's a Pietenpol alright.    |:)\
The design came out for homebuilders in the 1920s, I believe, and the first ones used the then ubiquitous Ford Model T engine.   Performance was pretty anemic and the engine tended to overheat which was of great concern because the radiator was placed high and in front of the pilot---power must have been about 40 HP, and this from a 400 LB engine!
I have never been fortunate enough to have seen one in person, much less fly it. :'(
PARO a T- tailed piper arrow or something the earth repulses because it is not really an arrow due to the tail being out of the propwash, and it wont fly till------------------------------ its darn well ready :P
pietpol uh idunno something the green giant and sprout made up???

P.S. frieght dogs rock and we don't go missed heheheheh 8)
fliboye--know what you mean---I remember one dark night when Portland OR was calling 600 RVR and I held at the outer marker (tower knew what I was doing) ::) till an Evergreen DC-8 took off--RVR lifted (momentarily)-they called it and cleared me for the approach before it went back down and another ontime UPS delivery was made.  Gotta love an airplane big enough to raise the visibility!

Michael Siegel

« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2006, 04:27:58 PM »
C172
C182
C206
C550
C560
PA-18
PA-28-140
PA-28-151
PA-28-161
PA-28-181
PA-28R-180
PA-28R-200
PA-28-236
PA-32
PA-32R-300
PA-44-180
PA-34-200T
BE36TC
BE36
DA40-180 (Diamond Star)

Michael

www.siegelaviation.com

fireflyr

« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2006, 10:33:44 PM »
C172
C182
C206
C550
C560
PA-18
PA-28-140
PA-28-151
PA-28-161
PA-28-181
PA-28R-180
PA-28R-200
PA-28-236
PA-32
PA-32R-300
PA-44-180
PA-34-200T
BE36TC
BE36
DA40-180 (Diamond Star)

Michael

www.siegelaviation.com
Nice, Michael----come on down and join the coop!

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
Have you guys ever seen this?
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2006, 04:18:40 AM »
Have any of you guys ever seen one of these planes?
It's called a SF-25 "Motorfalke" and that's what I soloed in many years ago...
(nice color, huh?!)
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Skygal

« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2006, 06:38:42 AM »
Mike is that you on the wing and where was the picture taken ???

Never seen the A/C before either---engine type size?

Offline Stef

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
    • Chicken Wings
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2006, 08:27:35 AM »
Haha! Yup, that sure is Mike! Hey, Mike, how old where you when the picture was taken? 18? I remember how cool it was, when I was taken for a ride in this thing! Cool, but very shaky when it was windy... Still glad you had this little plastic bag with you that one day...  ;D

Offline Sleek-Jet

• Rooster
Re: Have you guys ever seen this?
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2006, 01:44:26 PM »
Have any of you guys ever seen one of these planes?
It's called a SF-25 "Motorfalke" and that's what I soloed in many years ago...
(nice color, huh?!)

Nice haircut... ;D ;D ;D  |:)\
A pilot is a confused soul who talks about women when he's around airplanes, and airplanes when he's around women.

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2006, 03:32:55 PM »
Yup, that sure is me 12 or so years ago when I was still in school and an aviation nerd. My "long hair" phase ended when I joined the military and found out how convenient short hair actually is, heh heh....

The engine is an actual aircooled VW engine from the original VW "Beetle" (the one with the split rear windows) which was converted slightly to fit the aircraft. 25hp max!
Good times....good times....

fireflyr

« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2006, 12:23:38 AM »
GOOD Grief Mike--25 HP,  Wow, the smallest engine I've ever flown behind was a 40 horse T-craft.   When you apply full power it's kind of like wishful thinking and a high speed pass down the runway was a sight to behold---for quite a while because it took so long! :-\

Offline Roland

• Cockerel
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2006, 04:42:47 PM »
Gees, Mike. What a picture!  :D

Ladies and gentlemen, in the rear background of this picture you can se the former company of Diamond. “HOAC”. And the hangars are fife times bigger and longer by now. 12 years is that you say Mike? Never! This must be older. This area in the rear has changed an awful lot. Good to see the “old times”.

And this ugly plain is still flying … It has no power lever but a fuel-to-noise converter lever. If you push the lever in the plane becomes louder. That is all. ;D
If helicopter flying would be difficult, engineers would do it.

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2006, 10:33:08 PM »
LOL, is that the plane that was called having Mousepower instead of Horsepower? One of the US magazines I have a few issues of have a page shown headlines from various vintages in the past and one of them was such a thing with a 25 mouspower VW engine, and that almost has to be it.
I have to agree with Roland though, if that's just 12 years ago then that's incredible, and here I'm especially thinking of those 6000+ flying hours!

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2006, 03:01:21 AM »
Uhmm..yeah...doing the math it's more 14-15 years actually. You're right.
Do you recognize the shirt Roland? It has a red Huey on it....

In a way I am kind of glad this one still flying. Oh, the memories.... ;)

@Frank: 6000+ hours comes from flying 600 to 800 hours a year for the last ten years.
And it's all REAL hands-on flight time with an average of 4 landings per flight hour (as compared to watching a computer fly you across the atlantic and then maybe make a landing if you don't feel like using autoland...)

Yeah 25hp is pretty exciting going down the runway forever bouncing up and down on that single wheel....
But hey, I was a young kid and I was flying!
Nothing else mattered at the time (plus you learn a lot about using and conserving minimum power...)
I am still utilizing my sailplane knowledge for my mountain helicopter flights belive it or not.

fireflyr

« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2006, 03:23:21 PM »
Yeah 25hp is pretty exciting going down the runway forever bouncing up and down on that single wheel....
But hey, I was a young kid and I was flying!
Nothing else mattered at the time (plus you learn a lot about using and conserving minimum power...)
I am still utilizing my sailplane knowledge for my mountain helicopter flights belive it or not.
You are absolutely right, it's nice to have lots of power to get your butt out of trouble but learning to fly low power aircraft REALLY teaches you flight management!  |:)\

Offline Roland

• Cockerel
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2006, 08:24:15 PM »
AAAAH! That T-shirt, now I recognise it. That is out of a time where we thought that the aviation industry is waiting for us. Let me try to find that Huey and I will post it here.

The secret behind getting this thing airborne is the strong wind here in Wiener Neustadt ;)
If helicopter flying would be difficult, engineers would do it.