Author Topic: Kahlua Creamy Fudge  (Read 13149 times)

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
Kahlua Creamy Fudge
« on: December 23, 2007, 11:12:53 PM »
This doesn't have anything to do with chickens, but I'm going to throw it into the recipe pot here.    ;)

Yeah, I know, what a surprise.... "I didn't think Mom could cook!"  Well, S'Mom can't cook, but I do love this, my favorite recipe book.  I got it straight from the fine people at the Kahlua factory.   ;D

And, I've made this fudge for many, many Christmases now, and it is always a HIT.  I take it to the vet's office, the saddle shop, the post office, leave a box out for the garbage men, and, last but not least, take about 10 pounds' worth to the jump base for "the kids".   :D

Kahlua Creamy Fudge

1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow creme
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup Kahlua
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate pieces
1 cup milk chocolate pieces
2/3 cup chopped nuts
1 tsp. vanilla

Line 8 in. square baking pan with foil.  In 2 qt. saucepan, combine sugar, marshmallow creme, milk, butter, Kahlua and salt.
Bring to rapid boil, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.  Remove from heat;  add all chocolate.  Stir until melted.  Add nuts and vanilla.
Turn into prepared pan.  Refrigerate until firm.  To serve, cut in squares.  Makes about 2 3/4 pounds.

=================================================================================

I usually double the recipe, and make it in a tall stock pot.  Once it's boiling, it can splash and burn your hand as you stir, so I wrap a dishcloth around my hand.  This stuff is RICH!  But, people who never eat sweets even tell me they love it, so it has turned into a Christmas favorite around here.

Enjoy!! 

8)
Don't make me come back there!!!!

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
Re: Kahlua Creamy Fudge
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 11:30:30 PM »
What the hells Kahlua? It seems I cant get many ingredients in here... Heck I will post some recipe as well you will se what a man can do when cooking :D
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline G-man

• Alpha Rooster
  • Cogito sumere potum alterum.
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 11:33:44 PM »
This doesn't have anything to do with chickens, but I'm going to throw it into the recipe pot here.    ;)

Yeah, I know, what a surprise.... "I didn't think Mom could cook!"  Well, S'Mom can't cook, but I do love this, my favorite recipe book.  I got it straight from the fine people at the Kahlua factory.   ;D

Enjoy!! 

8)

I'm coming over---I would try to make it, but the Kahlua would'nt last long enough to make it to the pan..  ::whistle:: ::whistle::
Life may not be the party we hoped for---but while we're here--we might as well dance..........

Offline AirScorp

• Rooster
  • Nick
    • Me on myspace
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 02:37:57 AM »
Kahlua is a liquor (we use this term only for sweet alchoolic beverages) with coffe flavour..

Now, where am I supposed to find marshmellow cream in Greece?????
It's all Greek to me!

Offline Fabo

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • If flying is a drug,then I am a first class addict
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 11:03:37 AM »
Kahlua is a liquor (we use this term only for sweet alchoolic beverages) with coffe flavour..

Thanks Nick!

Well I was wondering that too :)
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline Oddball

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
  • I crash better than anybody I know
    • Myspace profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 09:07:55 PM »

Thanks Nick!

Well I was wondering that too :)
dont think ill be able to find marshmallows all the shops are empty or are closed lol
"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"and "spring chicken to sh**e hawk in one easy lesson"

Offline AirScorp

• Rooster
  • Nick
    • Me on myspace
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2007, 03:44:37 AM »
Got a friend visiting New York for the holidays.. I think I might ask her to bring some over..

Anyway, just wondering... What are marshmallows made of/from anyway???????
It's all Greek to me!

Offline Rooster Cruiser

• Alpha Rooster
  • Retired Chicken Hauler
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2007, 04:24:02 AM »
Got a friend visiting New York for the holidays.. I think I might ask her to bring some over..

Anyway, just wondering... What are marshmallows made of/from anyway???????

Lots and lots of sugar, Nick.  Hehe
"Me 'n Earl was haulin' chickens / On a flatbed outta Wiggins..."

Wolf Creek Pass, by CW McCall

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 08:47:49 AM »
And sugar is apparently a well-loved thing...  the vote is in...  all the neighbors want more fudge!  So, looks like I'll have to whip up another batch of the wicked stuff...  now, where'd I put the Kahlua...?....   :D

Offline TheSoccerMom

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 06:49:44 AM »
Well, the Kahlua is almost out, and the kitchen is covered in a layer of chocolate right now....  yes, even though it's February, I figured I'd better make another big batch of the Killer Kahlua Koncoction....  it has had some unexpected results lately!   :)

Last week I realized one of the headlights on the old truck had finally succumbed to the rain leaking in through the rock holes, and was burned out.  I bought two, since if I'd replaced only the one, of course the 2nd one would have been out by the time I got home.

The nice guys at the garage fit me right in and installed the new headlights, but imagine my surprise when they REFUSED to let me pay for it....  not one penny....  the guy just laughed and said "Naw, just bring us some more of that killer fudge sometime!!!"   :D

I couldn't win the money argument, so ---  I had to make more fudge.  And -- now I have a ROLE MODEL to aspire to, also...  he said a local 92-year-old lady shows up there every St. Patrick's Day with some wild kind of cake that "gives off fumes, it's so full of booze!"  Apparently the first time the guys in the shop tried it, the kid who does tires was actually pretty looped! 

And, they said she "looks GREAT"...  so they call it a "health-food cake".    ::rofl::      ::rofl::    ::drinking::

S'Mom aka Julia Child***