Author Topic: Chicken wings a la Inferno  (Read 33149 times)

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
Re: Chicken wings a la Inferno
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2006, 09:43:29 PM »
I've never had it, but I found someone who has:

http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~atman/ic/lutefisk.html

And a picture:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutefisk

LOL!!!!!!!     Wow!!!!!  I like the dishtowel and Kit Kat advice in there!!! 

It is amazing what people figure out to eat!  You gotta wonder.... who first said... "Yeah.... I think if we do this, and that, and then this to this thing... it should taste good!"   Wonderous too is that people, upon trying something that does not taste good without "getting used to it", will proceed to continue until it finally does taste good!   As the Vulcan's are fond of noting...."Humans are NOT logical creatures!"

;D ;D ;D
We're going to have to come in pretty low!  It's just one of those things you have to do... when you land!  -- Ted Striker - Airplane!

fireflyr

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2006, 11:20:32 PM »
HAHA---Went to the lutefisk website, clicked on lutefisk humor, got this;

What's the difference between lutefisk and snot?

You can't get kids to eat lutefisk!

Pretty much fills in the blanks on Norwegian culinary delights for me.  ;)

Offline Frank N. O.

• Alpha Rooster
  • Spin It!
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2006, 12:21:32 AM »
That's funny, I thought Lutefisk was swedish, but perhaps it's both, after all Scandinavians are a lot closer to each-other than others, although there sure as heck is no danish alternative to that that I know.

Frank
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
— Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Mike

• Supreme Overlord
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2006, 10:43:09 PM »

It is amazing what people figure out to eat!  You gotta wonder.... who first said... "Yeah.... I think if we do this, and that, and then this to this thing... it should taste good!"   Wonderous too is that people, upon trying something that does not taste good without "getting used to it", will proceed to continue until it finally does taste good!   As the Vulcan's are fond of noting...."Humans are NOT logical creatures!"

HA HA !!

If this is the way you think Ted, IMAGINE THE BRAVE SOUL WHO ATE THE FIRST EGG !!! :D :o
That must have been a dare. (I am totally cracking myself up here writing this)

Just imagine who that went down:

Caveman A: Did you see what just came out of the @$$ of that chicken?
                 I am gonna EAT IT !!

Caveman B: What? No way! You wouldn't!

Caveman A: Watch me!

Caveman B:  :o

Caveman A: Wow, hey, this is pretty good.....

... and then they went on to the next animal. A cow maybe??? (slightly different results I am sure ;))

(* insert smiley rolling on the floor laughing *)

So, lutefisk is nothing but a Scandinavian version of Sushi, isn't it??
Dear IRS: Please cancel my subscription.

Offline Gulfstream Driver

• Chicken Farmer
  • Alpha Rooster
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2006, 04:26:19 AM »
I'm thinking Sushi has a better reputation.  They don't soak it in soap, do they?
Behind every great man, there is a woman rolling her eyes.  --Bruce Almighty

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
  • My da*n easy button's broken. Can I borrow yours?
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2006, 03:16:59 PM »
......snip.....Southern folks KNOW how to BBQ!!! |:)\

why yes we do!! in fact last saturday i mesquite smoked a whole red snapper! it was awesome!!! i am planning an offshore fishing trip on the friday prior to memorial day to go snapper snatchin' if anyone is interested, it's about 75 bucks for the day.... http://www.galveston.com/captjohn/
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown

Offline Ted_Stryker

• Chicken Farmer
  • Rooster
  • Never Forget 9/11/2001
    • Cyber Forensics
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2006, 03:37:30 PM »

HA HA !!

If this is the way you think Ted, IMAGINE THE BRAVE SOUL WHO ATE THE FIRST EGG !!! :D :o
That must have been a dare. (I am totally cracking myself up here writing this)

Just imagine who that went down:

Caveman A: Did you see what just came out of the @$$ of that chicken?
                 I am gonna EAT IT !!

Caveman B: What? No way! You wouldn't!

Caveman A: Watch me!

Caveman B:  :o

Caveman A: Wow, hey, this is pretty good.....

... and then they went on to the next animal. A cow maybe??? (slightly different results I am sure ;))

(* insert smiley rolling on the floor laughing *)

So, lutefisk is nothing but a Scandinavian version of Sushi, isn't it??

LOL!!!  Not only that... but that's how it got it's name I'm sure... via anamanapoetica!

You know... the chicken is there going eee...eeee....e.eeeee...eeeeeHHH!!! to lay the egg... so... well... you know how that sounds!

Same way we got the word "shower" too.  I mean... you hear the water going "sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"... and then you make it hot so when you get in you got "OW!"... so it becomes "SHHHHOWWWW!!!  SHAAOWWW SHOOWWW.... SHOWER!"

::) ;D :o

(Gotta love Mel Brooks... everything can be explained via his movies and schticks  ;D )
We're going to have to come in pretty low!  It's just one of those things you have to do... when you land!  -- Ted Striker - Airplane!

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2006, 03:40:16 PM »
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!
The three best things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm, and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life to experience all three at the same time. - Unknown

fireflyr

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2006, 03:46:49 PM »
......snip.....Southern folks KNOW how to BBQ!!! |:)\

why yes we do!! in fact last saturday i mesquite smoked a whole red snapper! it was awesome!!! i am planning an offshore fishing trip on the friday prior to memorial day to go snapper snatchin' if anyone is interested, it's about 75 bucks for the day.... http://www.galveston.com/captjohn/
Sounds tempting, they've all but banned fishing off the coast here because of excessive fishing pressure.   We used to bottom fish with no limits here but seems like the commercial fisheries got greedy and the fish population all but collapsed so Fish & Game has restricted all fishing, Salmon season won't start this year until July 27th and they've restricted the sport catch to less than 50,000 fish.
What kind of smoker do you use and what temps do you maintain?   I've not been thrilled with my attempts at smoking various types of fish.

Oh yeah, what do you use for a marinade, I've tried Teriyaki and some commercial preps with mediocre results.

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2006, 04:09:25 PM »
i have a 24x16x16 smoker with a 16x16x16 firebox and i maintain a temp of 200 degrees and cook it until you can peel the skin back easily (usually about an hour and a half to two hours). as far as a marinade goes i use 1 whole onion coarsely chopped, red bell pepper, chopped tomato if i'm in the mood for them, tony chachere's creole seasoning, pepper, lots and lots of butter and half to a whole heineken (depending on how many i'm putting in the foil pan) oh and a splash of lea & perrins worstechire.....happy eating!

fireflyr

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2006, 04:21:00 PM »
THANKS, I'll give that a whirl next time!   :D

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2006, 04:24:50 PM »
oh i forgot to mention to cook them whole - just scale'em, head'em and gutt'em......

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2006, 04:26:35 PM »
oh i forgot to mention to cook them whole - just scale'em, head'em and gutt'em......

crud! i've got serious CRS today, GARLIC!! slice up a clove or two and cut verticle slits in the fish and put a slice of garlic in there as well. about 5 slits for a 15" fish.

Offline Plthijnx

• Alpha Rooster
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2006, 04:29:58 PM »
also, really, no matter what you're smoking 200 degrees is a good temp to use. especially with brisquets and *ahem* chicken.

Offline www.guardianhelicoptersusa.com

• www.guardianhelicoptersusa.com
    • Guardian Helicopters, Inc.
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2009, 09:10:08 PM »
hmmm.... sounds good!

Anybody know the best way to BBQ chicken so it doesn't dry out and/or burn?

Hello,

Best way I have found is indirect heat... keep your coals off to both sides of the gril.. if using gas see if you can turn on on certain burners... then keep your chick over the unheated spot... cook that way until done then bbq sauce and put over the coals/lite burners to crisp it up.. comes out great... or you could cheat and bake it forst in an oven to get it cooked then brown on the grill/
Steve Axworthy
Guardian Helicopters, Inc.